Sony announces "Smart As...." for PSVita

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted_171835

Sony announces a 'Brain Training' game for the PS Vita set for release this fall. It features challenges with math, logic and language. Your scores can be uploaded to online leaderboards and even Facebook.

Press Release:
Launching this fall, Smart As is a social brain-training experience that will put your brain to the test with 20 unique, engaging, tactile and highly interactive puzzle games. This next-gen puzzle game will also enable you to share your stats with players from around the world using a robust set of social and connective features.

Produced by XDev Europe, Smart As takes full advantage of PS Vita’s touchscreens, cameras and Augmented Reality capabilities to deliver Daily Training challenges featuring fun arithmetic, logic, language and observation-based puzzles. Your scores from each puzzle are used to calculate your overall Brain Power and anybody at any skill level can get in on the fun. The more you play, the better your chances are of increasing your Brain Power score and unlocking new puzzle games.

The best part about Smart As is that it’s not just a brain training game; it’s a social experience. Once you’ve earned your daily Brain Power score, you can go online to see how smart you are compared to your friends, people that you’ve met through “near,” players in your city, country, continent and the entire world using the Smart As leaderboards. You can even post your Brain Power scores to Facebook to boast about your cerebral superiority. Using PS Vita’s “near” feature, you can also drop off puzzles for nearby users and pick up new challenges left by other players.

When you play Smart As on the go using PS Vita’s Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity, you’ll have the opportunity to unlock even more challenges in different regions with the Street Smart mode. Simply by competing in as many regional challenges as you can, you will get to prove that you are smarter, more travelled and better connected than your friends.
http://blog.us.plays...vita-this-fall/

Innovation once again.

@[member='p1ngpong']: ;o;

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That made LOL so hard.

Anyway, Sony takes another idea from a company who is successful with it. :/ What else is new?

Riiiiiiiiiigggghhhtttt. So no matter what Sony does, they stole it from someone else.... Got it.
Well they did come up with...erm...nope I can't think of anything original they've done.

I would like to be enlightened though, they must have done something original rather than take an idea and build on it.

Anyway why does the Vita need this game? I know its only one game but I'm pretty sure there are others they could do instead.

Reactions: 6 people

Tsuteto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be interested in the puzzles, but I doubt they're going to be that intuitive. If anything, only one, maybe two, will be actually puzzle worthy, IMO.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That made LOL so hard.

Anyway, Sony takes another idea from a company who is successful with it. :/ What else is new?

Riiiiiiiiiigggghhhtttt. So no matter what Sony does, they stole it from someone else.... Got it.
Well they did come up with...erm...nope I can't think of anything original they've done.

I would like to be enlightened though, they must have done something original rather than take an idea and build on it.

Anyway why does the Vita need this game? I know its only one game but I'm pretty sure there are others they could do instead.
The Vita's back touchpad is pretty innovative (albeit slightly useless)

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
That made LOL so hard.

I'd want this game if they named it Smart Ass :lol:
Sony is not very original, bro.

D

Deleted_171835

Don't you know? Sony has abandoned hardcore gamers and is now chasing after the casual market. ;O;

Reactions: 9 people

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm not a bro.
Sony makes pretty damn good games, sometimes. Same can be said about other companies. Enough with the hate already, it's boring.

I tend to like games like this, so it's fine with me. As long as it isn't too easy, that is.

Reactions: 6 people

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm not a bro.
Sony makes pretty damn good games, sometimes. Same can be said about other companies. Enough with the hate already, it's boring.

I tend to like games like this, so it's fine with me. As long as it isn't too easy, that is.

When people stop hating on other game companies they don't like, that is the day the world explodes. As you said though, hopefully it won't be too easy.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"Sony izn't origunal, coaping Nintendoh again wit deir neu IP, OMG!"

WO6xP.jpg
Shut it. This instant. Nintendo does not own the patent for logic games, it did not invent so-called "brain exercises". They didn't, mmm-kay? This is getting pretty tiring, some people elevate this company to the level of Demi-Gods. I like Nintendo too but puh-leeze, change the record people - you're getting boring with the same old song.

A presentation:

[yt]I6p43iFnZBc#![/yt]

Reactions: 9 people

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think it looks good! My first thought was brain age copy... but the presentation you posted foxi4 proved me happily wrong. This would be something I'd throw a couple of bucks on as a downloadable game :)

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Yes Foxi, because mental exercise games were immensely popular before the Nintendo DS, and had already been extensively proved to be commercially viable.

Reactions: 3 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes Foxi, because mental exercise games were immensely popular before the Nintendo DS, and had already been extensively proved to be commercially viable.
Are you going to attribute the invention to Nintendo because many of those games appeared, or to be more precise, re-emerged on the DS or because they had a hand in their creation? The fact that the fad for those games started when the DS was around, and since the DS was well-equipped for them due to the touch screen it had plenty of'em, does not mean that those games were not available earlier. Much earlier in fact - it's a revived cellphone game genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1