Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evBZQ.jpg

It took 'em long enough, but Sony is finally giving gamers a reason to not just visit Home on PS3, but actually stick around for a while. On the official PlayStation blog, Sony revealed three new free-to-play games that will be featured on the console's otherwise uneventful social-networking community. First on the list is Cutthroats: Battle for Black Powder Cove, a pirate brawler that is already up on the network and available to play now.

Additionally, Sony will launch No Man's Land, a "post-apocalyptic third-person shooter," due to launch this Spring. Lastly, Home will get its own MMO in the form of a game called Mercia. Sony have also thrown up a host of new sights and sounds, which you can check out by logging on to Home on your PS3 console.

:arrow: Source: Official PlayStation Blog

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Now if only Nintendo could do something like this for the Mii's. The whole time I have owned my wii, I only looked in the Mii section like a 5 times and then never opened it again.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now if only Nintendo could do something like this for the Mii's. The whole time I have owned my wii, I only looked in the Mii section like a 5 times and then never opened it again.

No, What nintendo needs to do is drop the current miis and replace them with customizable mario series like characters.

Reactions: 1 person

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

No, What nintendo needs to do is drop the current miis and replace them with customizable mario series like characters.
That would be better

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They do, it's the everybody vote channel, have fun

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

If voting was ever that fun, George Bush would have never sat his C grade ass in the Oval Office.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looking at the gameplay for Cuthroats and No Man's Land, they both look terrible.
Can't find much on Mercia though.

Outrager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So instead of letting you launch the games directly from the XMB they want you to spend like 30 minutes loading Home, getting the necessary updates since no one uses it, then load into the district, and then walking over to the game building or whatever only to load some more to start the game to play it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because so many people used the Wii Channels outside of the Disc Channel, Mii Channel, and Shop Channel.

Sappoide

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's true but you can use your mii in games like mario kart or wii sports resort, I only used the mii channel to create or edit my mii.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's true but you can use your mii in games like mario kart or wii sports resort, I only used the mii channel to create or edit my mii.

But TBH how many times do you actually play Wii Sports Resort over, like, a good Motion Plus game and how many times will you use a Mii in Mario Kart over an actual Mario character that you enjoy?

Sappoide

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

But TBH how many times do you actually play Wii Sports Resort over, like, a good Motion Plus game and how many times will you use a Mii in Mario Kart over an actual Mario character that you enjoy?
I usually play wii sports resort with friends, sometimes alone. In mario kart I use my mii during online play only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1