Sony And Gaikai Deal May Bring Backwards Compatibility To PlayStation

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
gaikai.logo_.on_.black_.072110-530px.png

News has come to light from GamesIndustry International's sources that the rumoured Sony and Gaikai partnership, which is expected to be unveiled during next weeks E3 conference, may allow Sony to offer complete backwards compatibility through the cloud streaming gaming service.

This might not just be limited to the PlayStation 3, however, and could extend to the PlayStation Vita and possibly even Sony's TV's, tablets and even their smartphones. I'm sure that all will be revealed next week.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted_171835

Only cool if I can access and buy from the PC through Gaikai.

Although I would prefer if they released a Sony Virtual Console (not streaming) for the PC, PS3 and Vita. Buy and install old ported PS1, PS2 games with cross-platform saves.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Although I would prefer if they released a Sony Virtual Console (not streaming) for the PC, PS3 and Vita. Buy and install old ported PS1, PS2 games with cross-platform saves.

Well the Vita is getting PSX support eventually but it's questionable if it can handle a PS2 emulator. Odds are a cloud-streaming system for it would allow that, same with their smartphones and tablets.

The idea is interesting, not what I expected from their "game streaming collaboration" if it's true. I think game streaming is pretty great at this point (for the typical unlimited high speed internet user) and I would love to see if it'd work well for the Vita. Being able to access your PSX and PS2 games instantly from a bunch of different Sony platforms is pretty neat.

how about an actual s/w ps2 emulator on ps3 instead?

Pretty sure they have that with "PS2 Classics" or whatever they're called.

D

Deleted_171835

Well the Vita is getting PSX support eventually but it's questionable if it can handle a PS2 emulator. Odds are a cloud-streaming system for it would allow that, same with their smartphones and tablets.

The idea is interesting, not what I expected from their "game streaming collaboration" if it's true. I think game streaming is pretty great at this point (for the typical unlimited high speed internet user) and I would love to see if it'd work well for the Vita. Being able to access your PSX and PS2 games instantly from a bunch of different Sony platforms is pretty neat.
With the Vita and PS2 support, I mean that Sony would port the games to the Vita rather than emulate it. It might take a bit more effort, though.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the Vita and PS2 support, I mean that Sony would port the games to the Vita rather than emulate it. It might take a bit more effort, though.

But... you always complain about the Vita getting ports...

Also it would probably just be too many resources to port all the notable PS2 games, this or an emulator (if it's possible) would be much easier.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can Microsoft do something like this for original Xbox titles? I've been dying to get back into Timesplitters: Future Perfect, but the 360 apparently just can't man up and handle it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.