Hacking Sony already forcing updates on vita...

Un4tural

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so first application i encountered that forces update to 1.66FW is skype, i am on 1.61... strangely paint park doesn't require an update, which runs fine on 1.61 though both seem to have appeared on sony's store at roughly same time.

it seems to check version before app even starts as well, unlike PSN app which checks it when logging it i guess...

Anyone found a work-around for this maybe?

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't use skype. That seems like the most sensible solution here.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
If there was, it would have been posted. There are no Vita-mode tweaks, hacks or workarounds. at all. And when there is, you'll probably be one of the first to know about it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why you wouldn't update.

This whole "waiting for a Vita exploit" thing is just gonna leave you out for the count for a while. Just update.

I can't think of any workaround except, I dunno, not connecting to the internet.

Also companies have been requiring mandatory updates since like forever.

Reactions: 5 people

Un4tural

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lol, well as long as i don't have a good reason to update i wont, i can access ps store and get crap off there, skype would be nice for video chat with the front facing camera, but w/e i can just do it on my lappy. If they release a game i really want to play, sure ill update, but now... it is 5minutes not worth spending for what was it? an extra option for screen off timer? Please...

anyways sony deserves to get vita hacked... such great device, yet sony allows nothing done with it... they really need to get some CEO who isn't a stuck-up arse from china who wants to sue everyone who doesn't agree with them. at least put bloody android on it...

also lumines seem to have gone up in price -_- i remember seeing it for 16£ on amazon, darn it shoulda bought it then.

also, no need for flaming, sure it isn't nothing new, but i didn't expect them to force this within few months of release. I shall now go get a kebab and play some minecraft.

Have a good day :)

Reactions: 1 person

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
lol, well as long as i don't have a good reason to update i wont, i can access ps store and get crap off there, skype would be nice for video chat with the front facing camera, but w/e i can just do it on my lappy. If they release a game i really want to play, sure ill update, but now... it is 5minutes not worth spending for what was it? an extra option for screen off timer? Please...

anyways sony deserves to get vita hacked... such great device, yet sony allows nothing done with it... they really need to get some CEO who isn't a stuck-up arse from china who wants to sue everyone who doesn't agree with them. at least put bloody android on it...

also lumines seem to have gone up in price -_- i remember seeing it for 16£ on amazon, darn it shoulda bought it then.

also, no need for flaming, sure it isn't nothing new, but i didn't expect them to force this within few months of release. I shall now go get a kebab and play some minecraft.

Have a good day :)

No, no company "deserves" to have their device hacked. Also, I'm not sure I get WHY you believe so. If it's because you think there's nothing on it such as games...it was JUST RELEASED. If it's because you think they don't allow you to do anything else than what they allow...It's not just Sony. All consoles, including the 3DS are closed devices by nature.

Also, no one is flaming you, people just don't get your odd attitude towards the Vita.

Reactions: 6 people

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Welcome to Sony.

Welcome to every company with an online service.

Sony afterall took away other os and said to customers that they had a choice not to update which is a lie in itself, you update you loose other os, you don't update you cant go online, and access purchases that you paid for on the PSN store, cant play any new games that you have brought from the shops, cant sync trophies either but yeah sony says you have a choice while they take away a feature that early launch buyers paid for, now tell me do you see microsoft and nintendo doing such actions? Nah i didn't think so, don't even get me started on the vita's rediclious restrictions and drm.

No, no company "deserves" to have their device hacked. Also, I'm not sure I get WHY you believe so. If it's because you think there's nothing on it such as games...it was JUST RELEASED. If it's because you think they don't allow you to do anything else than what they allow...It's not just Sony. All consoles, including the 3DS are closed devices by nature.

Also, no one is flaming you, people just don't get your odd attitude towards the Vita.

sony deserves to be hacked end of story, they treat their customers like shite, tell them in the terms and conditions that they can't sue, take away features that people have paid for, online passes, redclious prices for ps3 games on the PSN store, shall i go on? there is no reason to be on sonys side.

Reactions: 1 person

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Welcome to Sony.

Welcome to the shitty age of gaming, where you legally do not own your own consoles, have to buy half completed games for top dollar prices only to have to fork out again to get the rest via DLC, and are forced to compete against whiny brats on the interwebs.

I'm going retro!

Reactions: 6 people

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to Sony.

Sony afterall took away other os and said to customers that they had a choice not to update which is a lie in itself, you update you loose other os, you don't update you cant go online, and access purchases that you paid for on the PSN store, cant play any new games that you have brought from the shops, cant sync trophies either but yeah sony says you have a choice while they take away a feature that early launch buyers paid for, now tell me do you see microsoft and nintendo doing such actions? Nah i didn't think so, don't even get me started on the vita's rediclious restrictions and drm.

OtherOS, aka the thing nobody really used and was only complained about when it was taken away. It was just a scapegoat for Sony haters to hate some more. I'd like to know every PS3 user here who actually extensively used OtherOS to the point that its removal was considered blasphemous.

You do realize if you don't update on like the Wii, Xbox 360, etc, that you can't access the online stores or the content you purchased from the store? Same with syncing achievements on Xbox Live (Wii doesn't have any).

Also, Vita's "DRM"? You mean you have to take 5 extra seconds to connect to the internet when transferring data? Oh no! Seriously, I've used the data manager thing and I don't give a fuck honestly. I still transfer my music over and it's fine. Plus if you have a computer but not an internet connection then I don't know what the fuck you're doing. I guess it's an issue if you have a shitty internet connection that craps out every five minutes but again, who gives a fuck.

A lot of people complain about Sony doing things that actual Sony owners don't care about. It's not because we're "blind Sony lovers", it's because it doesn't actually matter.

The only reason people nowadays bitch about necessary updates is because they're cheap pricks who want to pirate on the system, even when these updates add worthwhile features. Welcome to the digital age, deal with it.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only beef security wise I have with the Vita's setup is the new memory cards and I've long since bought a 16GB stick anyways. Everything else is to be expected at this point with an online system. After all, I seem to remember even Wii games requiring system updates. Sure you could work around them but that isn't the point here.

Reactions: 3 people

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
OtherOS, aka the thing nobody really used
Dear diary,

TIL that the united states air force is "nobody".

~Rydian

and was only complained about when it was taken away.
... NO FUCKING DUH?

Give little Timmy an ice cream, is he going to complain? No, because he's got his damned ice cream.
Take away the ice cream, is he going to complain? Yes, because he had an ice cream and now it's gone.

Reactions: 7 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OtherOS, aka the thing nobody really used
Dear diary,

TIL that the united states air force is "nobody".

~Rydian

and was only complained about when it was taken away.
... NO FUCKING DUH?

Give little Timmy an ice cream, is he going to complain? No, because he's got his damned ice cream.
Take away the ice cream, is he going to complain? Yes, because he had an ice cream and now it's gone.

Pretty sure the Air Force is more so just cannibalizing the PS3s instead of just hooking them all up and having them require updates and crap.

And yeah, I phrased the "complained about when taken away" part badly, I meant to say that people only complained that it was taken away despite the fact no one used. It was an excuse to complain more than a legitimate complaint.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure the Air Force is more so just cannibalizing the PS3s instead of just hooking them all up and having them require updates and crap.
They were using them in a cluster as-is, and the issue is if one overheats or something, when they send it in for repair it comes back with the latest firmware and no OtherOS.

And yeah, I phrased the "complained about when taken away" part badly, I meant to say that people only complained that it was taken away despite the fact no one used. It was an excuse to complain more than a legitimate complaint.
Lack of women's voting rights doesn't affect me, doesn't mean I can't bitch about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE