OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is even real let along accurate, but i know it's not going to be anything near that by fall. This mostly was said because of the price drop, but you can't help feel sorry for sony in way way. They don't know what people want to play especially if the now think killzone will turn the tide
laugh.gif
, and that's more a cgi movie than a game basically. I think the info got messed up, because Nintendo is about ot pass Microsoft's 11 million soon, so i doubt this will happen anything this year. it's funny everyone underestimated Nintendo from the start, and now they are trying to be them...what's up with that??

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dillusion Quarterly, the title of the article was, 'Has Corporate Spin Gone too Far?'

Can't see them doing it unless they get astoundingly lucky in the christmas shopping season as they're idling around 3.5M sold to retailers, not even consumers.

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is the proof of the info, and im sorry i made a mistake it was 11 million by December
rofl2.gif
. I think they were refering to 360 as is stopped around there a long time ago, and Nintendo will breeze by that number before next month is done.
bow.gif

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=8166&si...t+doubled+sales

P.S Face it non Nintendo gamers will is going to change the way game are made, and played for the good. Do you really want higher prices for 30min games? i don't.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, doubt it. Effect of price drop (and double sales?) don't last half a year. And since no more "surprise" "exclusive" game to come out between now and December. Well retailers may accept those 6 million units, but if they have 2 million left over by the end of the year, that's not called "reached a goal" More like it's Sony saying "Now the burden is on you, retailers! Go sell my PS3s!"

QUOTE said:
However, what is clear out of all this is that if Sony doesn't pick up and maintain its rate of sell-through, with the numbers its talking about, there's likely to be a lot of unbought PS3s on shelves come Christmas.
How the hell can you maintain rate of sales when retailers are sold out? "Good job BestBuy outlet #3901, you sold all 20 remaining PS3s today. Now keep up the good work and sell 140 by the end of next Wednesday"

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After the sony conference at E3. Apart from the real sony fan boys, I can't see sony selling many PS3s. It wasn't good enough for me to jump on the bandwagon.

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif
They will need more than best buy i mean i didn't believe nintendo would do anything at first, but now when i can't find the system for months at a time something big is happening. After this year all the games are going to roll out just like they always do for nintendo, and it will have the gaming community in it's hands.

P.S When Nintendo gets back on top again they will stay there for good with Microsoft in 2nd, but hey sony's 11mil can't be that hard to reach all they need is 8 mil sold this year or so
wacko.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again love the spin...doubled their sales. That's nice. I suppose if you were selling like 100 units, and it went to 200 that would be awesome, but when you're closer to selling 1-10 a week and go up to 2-20 that's some nice spin to make it appear huge.

Hey I hope they can increase their sales just because they're taking a huge loss pounding on that unit, but at some point I wish they'd lose the arrogance and get humble. Nintendo had to, now it's time for Sony to eat some crow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?