Sony 4K movie downloads are 100 GB+ (no typo).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah... there's absolutely no need for 4k yet. Maybe at say a stadium or something, sure.

I am not sure about a stadium either- I was watching on http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ynzkb8PI4...db-Fzpd5vY0/s1600/MCN+show+Excel+2013+025.jpg and http://www.mcnmotorcycleshow.com/upload/290836/Riders ready.JPG the other day (the double decker bus was a full size one) and it was passable at normal distances (assuming you were not at a bad angle) and for a proper stadium it means even less. Of course I am still not entirely convinced "HD" is all that special.

Do the 4K TV's have lag?
Lag is a very broad term when it comes to monitors
Do you mean screen response time? (everything does)
Do you mean software upscaling and modification time? (everything post CRT almost certainly does though unless you are playing a game or doing live video it does not really matter)
Do you mean quadrant refresh and rolling shutter (if you see a monitor filmed on TV news or something and it has waving lines kind of like this, or just do a search on rolling shutter)? Depends on the model really, the uber expensive stuff probably not but it might still be the case (paying for the name and paying for the specs sheet is far from unheard of).

Re: 19 hours... I still do not see this as a long time for anything post dial up and that was only because pre windows 2000 had uptimes barely above 7 hours and well dial up kind of uses a phone line.

When you can't tell an individual pixel, that's too high of a resolution
Just to be a bastard I reckon there could be an equivalent to the minimum required capture frequency to replicate a given frequency is double that you want to capture, certainly modern video codecs seem to expect enough resources on things like qpel.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Just to be a bastard I reckon there could be an equivalent to the minimum required capture frequency to replicate a given frequency is double that you want to capture, certainly modern video codecs seem to expect enough resources on things like qpel.
Just to be a bastard, I'm gonna say Nyquist settled for a compromise. Go order of magnitude higher than the sampled frequency or go home, say I :tpi:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Imagine watching pr0n on one of those suckers!

FIXD :creep:

I think we did this last time the conversation cropped up and, though I am all for people not looking like toy dolls, at the kind of distances involved 4k would be enough to render every minor blemish- some people in the still camera world have already found this out.

the fact that you bought a tv that huge, says you have the internet to support it

I am afraid the amount of rich idiots I have wandered round the house of, had the "look at my glorious HDTV" speech and proceeded to wander round the back of the TV to see what amounts to a standard DVD player in over basic SCART and the antenna going into a cheap and cheerful freebox box says possibly not so much. This is before I even get into said TVs being horribly uncalibrated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night