Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
picture.jpg

I hadn't even heard any news about this game, but I kinda want to get it. Apparently it's a compilation of 60 Genesis games rolled up into one 360 game. Thoughts?

QUOTE said:
Take a trip back in time with over 40 titles from the SEGA Genesis era, including your Sonic The Hedgehog favorites. In classic single-player and multiplayer battles, you’ll take down a huge variety of enemies, including Sonic’s nemesis Dr. Eggman (AKA Dr. Robotnik), shuriken-flinging ninjas, hordes of altered beasts and the world’s greatest fighting champions. [Sega]

MetaCritic

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
picture.jpg

I hadn't even heard any news about this game, but I kinda want to get it. Apparently it's a compilation of 60 Genesis games rolled up into one 360 game. Thoughts?

QUOTE said:
Take a trip back in time with over 40 titles from the SEGA Genesis era, including your Sonic The Hedgehog favorites. In classic single-player and multiplayer battles, you’ll take down a huge variety of enemies, including Sonic’s nemesis Dr. Eggman (AKA Dr. Robotnik), shuriken-flinging ninjas, hordes of altered beasts and the world’s greatest fighting champions. [Sega]

MetaCritic
Meh they release at least on of these a year for various consoles...with exception to Wii as they just like to fleece us with inferior emulated versions on VC and thus we use our own emulators.
tongue.gif

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
ooh i'll definately be keeping an eye on this. luv sonic.

(too bad they've ended the franchise but with failure after failure what more could they do.)

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its supposed to be an amazing collection of games. What interests me the most is the included Arcade versions of a couple games, and even some Sega Master System games. Having Phantasy Star 1-4 in one place is quite nice. I have all these on emulators, and am thinking of getting it anyway.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
How many times are they going to do this? Exactly how many retro collections did they release for the last generation of consoles (GC, Xbox, PS2, GBA...)?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone played this yet? I wouldn't mind getting it but if it uses the same crappy filters that the Xbox Live titles use I'll give it a miss.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Has anyone played this yet? I wouldn't mind getting it but if it uses the same crappy filters that the Xbox Live titles use I'll give it a miss.
My friend has it, he says the filters are there but you can turn them off.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaisuto said:
TrolleyDave said:

How bad does it look without the filters do you know?

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TrolleyDave said:
Gaisuto said:
TrolleyDave said:

What filters? I've been playing the games and they are great. I haven't noticed any filters...?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
science said:
TrolleyDave said:
Gaisuto said:
TrolleyDave said:

What filters? I've been playing the games and they are great. I haven't noticed any filters...?

Nice one! I'll pick it up now. I wasn't sure if they looked as messy as the Xbox Live versions or not.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TrolleyDave said:

About as bad as you'd expect them to, taking into consideration how big your TV is. If you're still using a smaller TV or a CRT type TV that was available back in those days, they'll look fine. If you're using a 37"+ widescreen LCD television, they look as bad as you think they'll look. It's different for everyone though. Some people like that 'retro' pixelated look, and some people like the look with the filters on.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TrolleyDave said:
science said:
TrolleyDave said:
Gaisuto said:
TrolleyDave said:

Nice one! I'll pick it up now. I wasn't sure if they looked as messy as the Xbox Live versions or not.

Well, to be fair, I am on a 17" CRT TV that is about 20-30 years old right now, so maybe I'm just not noticing them because my TV is really bad. But everything looks the same to me as it did 13 years ago on my Genesis
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
lilsypha said:
TrolleyDave said:

About as bad as you'd expect them to, taking into consideration how big your TV is. If you're still using a smaller TV or a CRT type TV that was available back in those days, they'll look fine. If you're using a 37"+ widescreen LCD television, they look as bad as you think they'll look. It's different for everyone though. Some people like that 'retro' pixelated look, and some people like the look with the filters on.

My TVs only a 19" job. It's HDTV but when playing the old games I switch it down to 480 so it doesn't look as bad, but some of the Xbox Live retro stuff still looks terrible even at that low of a resolution. I hate the filters on the games, they completely change the way game looks.

QUOTE(science @ Mar 5 2009, 02:16 AM)
Well, to be fair, I am on a 17" CRT TV that is about 20-30 years old right now, so maybe I'm just not noticing them because my TV is really bad. But everything looks the same to me as it did 13 years ago on my Genesis
smile.gif

Mines HDTV but it's only a 19". I can swap it down to 480 so it's a lower res but some of the Xbox Live stuff still looks pretty bad, if it looks exactly the same asit used to in SD I'll pick it up. I can always just use the scart cable so it's SD. It's boat loads easier then pulling the MD and carts out.

JohnnyCheeks

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't get this. This compilation is an abject failure for various reasons...

Despite Sonic 1-3 and Sonic & Knuckles being in the compilation, there's NO LOCK ON FEATURES AT ALL (the developers apparently never heard of 'copy /b sonic3.bin+sandk.bin s3k.bin')

The sound is off for several (if not all) games, it's especially noticeable in Space Harrier.

Remapped controls don't get retained (well they do... but for some reason you have to go back into the control settings for them to be active again, which is lazy programming on Sega's part).

And the biggest fuckup is INPUT LAG... I can hardly even play Sonic 3 without getting hit or messing up in the bonus stages.

Don't support this steaming pile of shit, don't even pirate it. It's a waste of bandwidth. Just go download Kega Fusion and find a rom torrent to play the classics as close as they were originally intended. For an even more immersive experience, go find and buy a Sega Saturn USB pad for your PC (which has totally rekindled my interest in the 16-bit wonder).

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JohnnyCheeks said:
Don't get this. This compilation is an abject failure for various reasons...

Despite Sonic 1-3 and Sonic & Knuckles being in the compilation, there's NO LOCK ON FEATURES AT ALL (the developers apparently never heard of 'copy /b sonic3.bin+sandk.bin s3k.bin')

The sound is off for several (if not all) games, it's especially noticeable in Space Harrier.

Remapped controls don't get retained (well they do... but for some reason you have to go back into the control settings for them to be active again, which is lazy programming on Sega's part).

And the biggest fuckup is INPUT LAG... I can hardly even play Sonic 3 without getting hit or messing up in the bonus stages.

Don't support this steaming pile of shit, don't even pirate it. It's a waste of bandwidth. Just go download Kega Fusion and find a rom torrent to play the classics as close as they were originally intended. For an even more immersive experience, go find and buy a Sega Saturn USB pad for your PC (which has totally rekindled my interest in the 16-bit wonder).

I have encountered none of these problems... today I played Sonic 3 and never failed a bonus stage or even lost a life... maybe its your TV?

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Woooooooo Dynamite Heady! Wooo Fatal Labyrinth lol. Does Streets of Rage have online multiplayer?

ALSO: WHERE THE FUCK IS TOE JAM AND EARL?! (Also Rocket Knight Adventures?! and Gunstar Heroes too if licensing isn't a problem) :/ It's not there so I brand this Sonic's Not-so-Ultimate Genesis Collection.

ALSO ALSO: lol easy achievements

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Orc said:
Woooooooo Dynamite Heady! Wooo Fatal Labyrinth lol. Does Streets of Rage have online multiplayer?

ALSO: WHERE THE FUCK IS TOE JAM AND EARL?! (Also Rocket Knight Adventures?! and Gunstar Heroes too if licensing isn't a problem) :/ It's not there so I brand this Sonic's Not-so-Ultimate Genesis Collection.

ALSO ALSO: lol easy achievements

Woo! Another Dynamite Heady fan! I thought I was the only person to have played that game!

TARGET! TARGET! TARGET!

Also, do you think the cat kinda looks like Pedo Bear?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night