Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie trailer shows off Tails and Knuckles

The movie Sonic the Hedgehog 2 just got a new trailer, which you can watch here. The video shows off Tails, voiced by the voice actor from the games, Idris Elba as Knuckles, Jim Carrey returning as Dr. Eggman, and some of the movie's storyline. It'll be out in theaters April 8th.

jornthree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This movie looks so fucking good. I cannot wait to see it with my friend when it comes out. We watched the first one when it released and were so surprised by its quality. Hopefully this movie also surpasses my expectations!

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, I’m actually looking forward to it now. Although Knuckles voice does sound a bit off.

I did mention Shadow. I'm certain Eggman cloned Sonic into Shadow.

If he recovered a dropped quill how will that effect Sonic's power?

In the games Shadow was created by Robotnik’s grandfather Gerald 50 years before SA2, but he was likely inspired to make him a hedgehog by the mural predicting Super Sonic.

That said, I think Metal Sonic would be more likely than Shadow……ok now that I’ve said that they better include this line:

Reactions: TheZander

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like a fun time.

Man I'm depressed though. Why does this look so much more interesting than Frontiers? The movie trailer oozes passion and intrigue, something the game trailer has none of IMO.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic riding on tails' plane is pretty cool. Knuckles stealing his power I dont get I dont remember stealing sonic's power being a thing before.
So you completely missed the point of the first movie then?

Well have to say it looks good, some parts looked like it was bringing parts of sonic adventures to it.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hell yeah, this is amazing! I'm glad they got Jim Carrey starring as Eggman again. He was literally the best thing about the first movie lmfao

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I did mention Shadow. I'm certain Eggman cloned Sonic into Shadow.

If he recovered a dropped quill how will that effect Sonic's power?

Dude, stop saying stuff that makes no sence.

Eggman made ROBOT copies of Shadow, it was Eggman grandfather who made Shadow. Professor Gerald Robotnik!

BraveDragonWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they had to make a third sequel, they'd introduce Metal Sonic and Amy Rose I'm sure.
And the fourth sequel, Shadow the hedgehog I guess...

But let's not go too far and get carried away.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, stop saying stuff that makes no sence.

Eggman made ROBOT copies of Shadow, it was Eggman grandfather who made Shadow. Professor Gerald Robotnik!
Ya alright, i saw the others tell me too. It just raises more questions if eggmans whatever made shadow.
If they had to make a third sequel, they'd introduce Metal Sonic and Amy Rose I'm sure.

Not even joking i want a movie or spin off with the big purple bunny and the frog. Thinking about fishing for that damn frog for hours the entire time eggman is destroying everything. Somehow fishing for a frog is going to help.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic riding on tails' plane is pretty cool. Knuckles stealing his power I dont get I dont remember stealing sonic's power being a thing before.
Debatably when Super Sonic crashes into Knuckles at the beginning of Sonic 3 and makes him drop the Chaos Emeralds. But I think Knuckles has his own power since he remarks that he doesn't need Sonic's power. The concept of them having some special powers isn't something I'm a fan of since not only does it go against their character lore from the games, but it's also super vaguely defined.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Debatably when Super Sonic crashes into Knuckles at the beginning of Sonic 3 and makes him drop the Chaos Emeralds. But I think Knuckles has his own power since he remarks that he doesn't need Sonic's power. The concept of them having some special powers isn't something I'm a fan of since not only does it go against their character lore from the games, but it's also super vaguely defined.
Thank you. That's all i was trying to say is sonics power has never been in the story like that. I know about the Emeralds giving him super power and that that can be messed with but that's different from running fast

Reactions: Guacaholey

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If we get that far we better
i agree with the uninspired but it wasn't crap either that nor detective pikachu
IMO the latter definitely isn't crap, but most of what makes it watchable was the CGI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: