Sonic Team confirms 25th Anniversary Sonic game is in the works

CXYlt4QUwAA-wMT.jpg

Famistu, the well known Japanese gaming publication, sat down with Sonic Team's Takashi Iizuka to discuss Sonic the Hedgehog's 25th anniversary. At the end of the interview, Famitsu asked what plans SEGA and Sonic Team have in terms of any future games. Their answer was the following quote;

We at Sonic Team – are developing a completely new game, as well as developing a full movie, actively done by Sony Pictures, and animation on Sonic Boom. We are also ready to improve sponsor ties. The most important thing is not the fact the series survived for 25 years, but how many games was developed. Our goal – add something new and overcome any potential hardships.

:arrow: Source

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
I'm hoping for a Sonic Adventure 3.. SA1 and SA2 were the best in the series, apart from generations and sonic 3

On a tecnichal level Sonic 06 is "Sonic Adventure 3". If you look al the thing SA1 and SA2 have in common with 06...yeah. Probably 06 was originaly intended to be a SA3. And at the end...worst sonic game ever made with a port of the original Sonic on GBA...witch also was terrible....well like Lucina says "Hope will never die!", right?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At this point I can no more get excited for a new Sonic game than I can for a new COD game or something, though actually COD is at least consistently playable. In theory either could be amazing but I am not banking on it.

I'm hoping for a Sonic Adventure 3.. SA1 and SA2 were the best in the series, apart from generations and sonic 3
Burn the witch!

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Just hope it's not a remastered version of Sonic 1-3+Knuckles or Aventure 3 but an actual sequel to Generations so I don't trust Sega to get myself hyped.

D

Deleted User

On a tecnichal level Sonic 06 is "Sonic Adventure 3". If you look al the thing SA1 and SA2 have in common with 06...yeah. Probably 06 was originaly intended to be a SA3. And at the end...worst sonic game ever made with a port of the original Sonic on GBA...witch also was terrible....well like Lucina says "Hope will never die!", right?
Banjo kazooie Nuts & bolts was supposed to be Banjo treeie.. but we still have hope

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all