Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity Yes?!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by shadow1w2, Aug 26, 2007.

?

Already with its critizism, think it'll fix the last game's quirks?

1. Yes, gameplay was good, just needs some tweaks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, it was dead to begin with

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe, we'll see, we'll see.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. WhEReSss TeH MArIoS?!!!!!1111111

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Aug 26, 2007
  1. shadow1w2
    OP

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    Trailer Via GameTrialers.com

Im a little late picking up the video, but the music and the well timed on beat effects really have me watching serveral times over.

I really liked the good music and overall presentation and gameplay of the origonal game. Despite the crappy unneeded story (wich woulda been better as a basic racing compitition for the heck of it) the poor animated FMVs (despite the anime intro) the steep learning curve with almost unforgiving AI. I really liked it. A good sense of speed that really kept me going. I was conivinced it was bad, but once I tried the PC version, I liked it.
    I am a sega fan afterall though.

This one promises Gravity controls instead of air riding. Wich Im hoping isnt a replacment.
    Though it seems to be following a very simular path to the origonal it seems to have some potentiol and is still in development anyway.

Ive also loved games like F-zero GX, Magna Racers, and Extreme G3. So fast paced headache inducing racing games are kinda my thing. The learning curve isnt a problem.

Personally I think the game will be a real improvment.
    Just hoping old items make a return since it felt so rushed in some places.
    Say the "gear" info screens that claim robotnik made every darn gear in the game.
    Plus the simple remixed stages to double stages thing.
    (Though personally I liked that too. Wouldnt mind a 12 stage game getting 24 just for tweaked alternate versions xD Kinda shows them in differnt perspectives without draining what was already good. That way theres less new track to get used to and more racing to do [​IMG])

With the GCN game hard to find these days, I think I may just reserve this one.

So what you guys think?
    Worth a reservation?
    Think they'll fix up the quirks form the last one?
    Or is everyone so lost in hope with all the other sonic games that they cant seem to see whats good about this one.

2. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    I'm going to try this one atleast.
    I didn't never play the original one.

3. necrom

Newcomer necrom Newbie

Belgium
    this trailer looks awesome. I have been a sonic fan ever since that blue dude hitted the console world. he even made me play videogames! But eversince he got into 3D (exept for sonic 3d blast) all his games dissapointed me. Even tho i keep playing and buying them hoping for improvement everytime a new title gets released.

4. Clushje

Newcomer Clushje Member

United Kingdom
    DOA I reckon. Still will give it a shot, too much of a fan to give up on the blue bugger.

5. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    How about sonic adventure 1/2 on dreamcast? They're 3d and good imo. [​IMG]
    Every 3d sonic after those were sucky :A secret rings thing on wii was little better but they can still improve! hope so

6. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    The original Sonic Riders on the Gamecube was freaking hard. It was impossible to turn sharp turns. All the CPU riders just flew around the turns but for you to turn, you had to run into a wall, turn, and then start moving again. Hopefully, this will be fixed in this one.

7. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    Just wait for reviews or even rent it! I haven't played a sonic game since the Genesis.

8. directive0

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    HAHAHAHAH, I'm skeptical at best about this title. I got burnnnned on the last one.

9. Rulza

Member Rulza GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Looks very good [​IMG]
    I'm going to try it at least.