Sonic Lost Worlds is coming to Steam!

a9126a9958.jpg

Sonic is dead? Not yet it seems! Sega announced today that Sonic's latest game in the main series, Sonic Lost World is coming to Steam. Started as a exclusive dealership game with Nintendo, the game "Lost" its way from the Wii U to the PC platform and its coming out on November 2nd on Steam with the price point being 30$.
Pre-purchasing the game gets you a copy of Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed for free.​

Pre-Purchase here

arrow.gif
Siliconera

Last edited by GamerzHell9137,

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hell i could not play this rip off of super Mario Galaxy... it's high speed also i HATE super mario Galaxy.
you managed to put two wrong things and one extremely controversial opinion in one sentence, congrats
It really doesn't play like Super Mario Galaxy and it's not that fast either. It's a more slow Sonic game, really.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well now the fans can start modding and fixing the game.
Should lower in price fast, maybe we'll see it in a bundle of sorts.

Still waiting for Sega to get Sonic 3 Remastered on Android, or better yet all the remastered Sonic games onto PC/Steam so I can stop trying to play games on my poor android devices heh.

Oh well, interesting Sonic Lost World would hit PC and not go for another console release but I kinda like it when Sonic is ported to PC.
Sonic games kinda get more love and attention on PC as the fans often start trying to mod the games.
Just look at Sonic Generation made a ton better with several fan mods.

Crazy idea but would be rather interesting if Sega decided to make a PC only Sonic.
Sonic VS Robotnik RTS game maybe?
Eh I'm thinking too much.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You say we should buy something worth of our money, but this is completely subjective, I think some suggestions would be rather appreciated
I don't want to give any specific suggestions, because this could lead to unrelated (and potentially unproductive) discussions. But what I meant was, if you're gonna buy a game, buy something that had more effort put into it. Games from Valve, Bioware, Naughty Dog, Nintendo are good examples, you may like them or not, but they usually put great effort into their games.

But seriously, Sonic Lost World (and almost every recent Sonic game sadly) is just a desperate attempt to profit from people who buy anything Sonic related. (It must suck being a Sonic fan nowadays, oh well...)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
f you're gonna buy a game, buy something that had more effort put into it. Games from Valve, Bioware, Naughty Dog, Nintendo are good examples, you may like them or not, but they usually put great effort into their games.

New Super Mario Bros is terrible. The New Super Mario Bros series is just more of same and in my opinion don't even compare to Super Mario World, a game that is my age. They also use Mario name on everything except for plumbing, and there are some really lame spin-off games like Mario Party Island Tour and Mario Hoops 3-on-3. Instead I'd put Rockstar on that list.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
New Super Mario Bros is terrible. The New Super Mario Bros series is just more of same and in my opinion don't even compare to Super Mario World, a game that is my age. They also use Mario name on everything except for plumbing, and there are some really lame spin-off games like Mario Party Island Tour and Mario Hoops 3-on-3. Instead I'd put Rockstar on that list.
I agree with you, but I was more referring to games in the main series, rather than spinoffs. Games like Smash Bros, Zelda: ALBW, Super Mario 3D World, Luigi's Mansion 2. By the way, if you haven't yet, play SM 3D World, it might be the best 3D platformer I've ever played. (Sorry Mario 64)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yay, not gonna have to buy a shitty console for that game!
WiiU is gonna loose another game
tumblr_lphm4enunH1qj6y3go1_500.png

I agree with you, but I was more referring to games in the main series, rather than spinoffs. Games like Smash Bros, Zelda: ALBW, Super Mario 3D World, Luigi's Mansion 2. By the way, if you haven't yet, play SM 3D World, it might be the best 3D platformer I've ever played. (Sorry Mario 64)

Luigi Mansion 2 is a spin-off, New Super Mario Bros isn't.
New Super Mario Bros series is already lame, NSMB2 is just bad.

sneef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luigi Mansion 2 is a spin-off, New Super Mario Bros isn't.
New Super Mario Bros series is already lame, NSMB2 is just bad.

why is NSMB2 "just bad"? I thoroughly enjoyed it, personally. Super Mario 3D Land was fun too, especially the unlocked worlds after finishing the standard game. back to the New Super Mario Bros series: some of us who grew up on 2D platformers (namely: super mario brothers 1, 2 (the famicom version), the American "2" [enhanced port of Doki Doki Panic], and 3) still love the genre, and NSMB2 is a great way to enjoy similar mechanics, with updated graphics, and smooth framerate. also, when i showed my 4 year old - turning 5 in a few days - the NES super mario bros, he was asking why it looked like legos. lol. hard for kids who grew up with PS3, 3DS, Wii U, etc to get past the lack of animation and tiny sprite-based graphics of the 8-bit consoles. i have to admit we are spoiled these days, though. when i played the original super mario bros recently, I was surprised. i had forgotten how challenging the gameplay was back then.. the limitations of hardware were sort of a part of the overall game design, meaning the inherent difficulty in controlling a character precisely on those consoles, due to slowdowns, what looks like frame skipping, and other issues, was part of the experience.. you EXPECTED there to be x amount of delay between pressing "a" and the action occuring on screen, and had to strategize with that delay in mind...

it's like my boy playing some minions endless running (temple run style) game on his severely underpowered samsung galaxy kids tablet (galaxy tab 2 basically)... i watched in amazement as he took what felt unplayable to me, and learned to compensate for the lag by tapping in advance.. truly strange gameplay, but similar to what i grew up with, in some ways.

sorry for the diatribe.. lol

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, now the PC Master Race can mod Sonic to have blue arms.

If I recall, Nintendo and Sega had some sort of contract for Sega to make x amount of exclusive Sonic games for Nintendo platforms. I guess that contract expired(did they get a single good game out of that contract?!). Too bad the game is pretty bad(I played it a bit at Gamestop at a demo machine w/e), graphically, the game looks really good.

Sega, for the love of god, give Sonic a break. You have a mountain of IPs that you could use...

Last edited by Viri,
Reactions: Pablitox

-Marco

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I own sonic lost world for the Wii U.

It's an alright game but nothing that is overly amazing. If you are gonna spend $30 on it, I would recommend sonic generations instead. Of course, you do get Sonic Racing Transformed with it, which I thought was pretty dang good, enjoyed it more then Mario Kart (Then again, i cant stand Mario Kart)

Again, the game is not horrible but I don't know how great you will feel after paying $30 for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday