Sonic 'Live-Action and Animation Hybrid' Movie to be released in 2018

hqdefault.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog has gone through a lot and the Blue Blur has a lot more coming apparently. In an interview with The Worldfolio, Sega president and CEO Hajime Satomi has revealed that a 'live-action and animation hybrid' movie featuring the famous blue hedgehog is in the works with Sony Pictures for a release in 2018.

Sega Sammy Group is currently planning with Sony Pictures to create a live-action and animation hybrid “Sonic the Hedgehog” movie scheduled for release in 2018. Like with this CG animation production, we would like to expand our business into other entertainment areas beyond what we are currently involved.

The recent Sonic Boom TV show proved to be quite successful and a second season should be on the way. However, with the 'live-action and animation hybrid' genre, what should we expect? In any case, we've got 2 years before seeing the Blue Blur on big screen and to learn more about it

:arrow: SOURCE

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be way past cool, huh guys?

I am actually kinda surprised to see this finding its legs... and scared at the same time.

LORDSANTAENGLISH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who framed roger rabbit did it = Good movie
Space Jam did it = Ok movie

But thats the best case scenario lol this is going to be horrific and i cant wait to see it because Sonic 06 and Sonic boom wii-u need a rival for worst sonic-related thing ever.
You are now aware of how old those movies are, and that there is zero hope of this possibly being anywheres near as good as either one of them.

This is a gigantic no on my behalf.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
"Live-action and animation" made me cringe. Who Framed Roger Rabbit did it and it rocked because it had slapstick and dark humor, and adults could watch it with their kids for the nostalgia and laughs. Hell, I'm not even sure that movie's fit for kids. It's a little fucked up.

But let's look at the plethora of "live-action and animation" movies they've done recently. The Chipmunks? Utter shit. The Smurfs? Fucking horrid. Spongebob? My brother won't even watch it again with his kids, it's that bad. Add to all this the fact that this is a VIDEOGAME CHARACTER who does nothing but run, spin, and jump into baddies. Look at the Mario Bros movie. It's so bad that some of us still watch it to laugh at how bad it is. The only videogame movies that were even remotely successful were Silent Hill and Resident Evil, and Resident Evil has pretty much gone over the top with each movie. They need to stop.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I don't remember if I said this, but maybe it could be like Final Fantasy Advent Children.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/