OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
sonicthehedgehog2.jpg

Believe it or not Sega cancelled the fantastic looking Sonic Generations for the Nintendo Wii due to the systems graphical constraints. Sonic Team believe that the game “wasn’t a good fit” for Sega’s concept of “reimagining the series’ classic zones in vivid, high-definition graphics.” Clearly this will come as a disappointment for many considering the huge Sonic fan base on the Nintendo Wii. Do you think Sega was right to cancel Sonic Generations for Wii?

“The primary goal for the console versions of Generations was reimagining the series’ classic zones in vivid, high-definition graphics. The Wii hardware wasn’t a good fit for that concept, so we abandoned development on that, and decided that for our Nintendo audience, we would make a fresh start with a N3DS version of Generations.”

- Takashi Iizuka, Sonic Team

icon11.gif
Source

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rockstar said:
Good job SEGA we have to teach them that being graphically behind isnt always the smartest thing to do
Graphics whores like you should know better than judging a game or console on graphics.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Berthenk said:
Rockstar said:
Good job SEGA we have to teach them that being graphically behind isnt always the smartest thing to do
Graphics whores like you should know better than judging a game or console on graphics.
I knew it was coming.
Graphics dont make the game I am aware of that but Graphics do enhance the game, if SEGA wanted the game to be amazing gameplay alone would not be as good as graphics+gameplay.Dont call me a graphics whore my only consoles are Wii and PS2.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Berthenk said:
Rockstar said:

No he's right. As much as I love Nintendo's first party titles, the Wii has never quite had the same love from third parties. Something the PS3 and 360 do a lot better. The Wii's graphics limit the number of companies that want to publish for it, this entire generation has been split once again for the average gamer:

Either you get a Wii or either you choose between a 360 or PS3.

Hence most people have tended to go for a 360/PS3 + Wii which really canes.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source on that picture at the top of the page, please? It looks awesome. Not from the game, is it? Looks like a macro photo of an action figure of some sort...

Zekrom_cool

I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu
OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
NiGHtS said:
Berthenk said:
Rockstar said:

No he's right. As much as I love Nintendo's first party titles, the Wii has never quite had the same love from third parties. Something the PS3 and 360 do a lot better. The Wii's graphics limit the number of companies that want to publish for it, this entire generation has been split once again for the average gamer:

Either you get a Wii or either you choose between a 360 or PS3.

Hence most people have tended to go for a 360/PS3 + Wii which really canes.
So all you want is Nintendo to improve Wii graphics?

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rockstar said:
Berthenk said:
Rockstar said:
I knew wit was coming.
Graphics dont make the game I am aware of that but Graphics do enhance the game, if SEGA wanted the game to be amazing gameplay alone would not be as good as graphics+gameplay.Dont call me a graphics whore my only consoles are Wii and PS2.
Sorry for that, but "teaching a lesson" really sounds like that to me. Anyway, publishers not wanting to publish on platforms with less-than-the-best graphics is just bullshit; there's no reason to because graphics don't enhance gameplay in any way, except for games like L.A. Noire.
But, I guess it's just that they want to jump in on what most people want.

Zekrom_cool

I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu
OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
Berthenk said:
Rockstar said:
Berthenk said:
Rockstar said:
I knew wit was coming.
Sorry for that, but "teaching a lesson" really sounds like that to me. Anyway, publishers not wanting to publish on platforms with less-than-the-best graphics is just bullshit; there's no reason to because graphics don't enhance gameplay in any way, except for games like L.A. Noire.
But, I guess it's just that they want to jump in on what most people want.
Well according to me Graphics is one of the top points that enhance gameplay. It is one of the points that shows its awesomeness.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the '90 no one would expect a Sonic game in a Nintendo console. So... fuck Sonic, we have Mario.
nah, it's a joke, I loveeee sonic!

Jokes aside... it's seems that every one is leaving the Wii behind. First Capcom with SF4, then Namco with ToG and now Sega.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Sonic colours looked good on the wii, I cannot see any reason why they cannot make sonic generations for the wii on a similar level of graphic quality, it certainly won't hinder the gameplay at all.

They can stick with HD on the PS3 and 360.

Either way I have all three consoles so i'll get the game regardless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2