Sonic Generations 3DS footage (offscreen)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

At E3, Sonic Generations made its presence not only for the big HD consoles, but also for the Nintendo 3DS as well. The 3DS game however is a notably different experience, with unique levels and level design. The focus has changed from a sidescrolling and 3D hybrid, to a purely sidescrolling experience. The game still features both classic Sonic AND modern Sonic gameplay, but both characters will be restricted to a sidescrolling view. Sonic Generations 3DS appears to share in common more with Sonic Rush than anything, judging from the modern Sonic gameplay. The first video of its gameplay has been shown, which you can see above. It will contain jumps from the foreground and background to better utilize the 3D effect. The only level shared between the 3DS and HD versions is Green Hill Zone (which still has a different design), the 3DS version will have its own exclusive classic levels. The 3DS version is being developed by Dimps and will release alongside the HD brothers of the game later this year. No specific date has been set. [/p]
icon11.gif
Source

imyourxpan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks fun but I really wish they implemented the full behind sonic game play like the home consoles. The 3DS has the capability to do so and the 3D effect would stand out more in my opinion. I just feel as if they forgot the whole point of the game was to implement old school and modern day Sonic.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really disapointed because this was one of the main reasons I got a 3ds.
If this game comes to the NGP(PSV, PSP2) then I will buy a NGP too.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Disappointing. Really disappointing. Well atleast I'll save some money
closedeyes.gif

I know judging from initial stages is stupid but restricting the game to 2D only just removes the fun element of Sonic Generations. So I'm out xD

D

Deleted User

It doesn't look bad, but not exactly brilliant either. I don't think that I'm going to get this, though.

granville said:
Inserted a different video, fixed.
tongue.gif

And for a bonus, here's more extensive footage. Less clear but has classic Sonic gameplay and boss battle-
Thanks!

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I actually like it.

I mean, of course I would prefer a behind Sonic camera but leaving the console versions shadow aside, it doesn't look like it's gonna be a bad game.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
For a game that boasts a Classic Sonic, the Ideal Sonic is definitely prominent here.
I wonder if this would be great for the Nintendo Cafe? (The bottom screen reminded me of the VMU...)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ziggy Zigzagoon said:
For a game that boasts a Classic Sonic, the Ideal Sonic is definitely prominent here.
I wonder if this would be great for the Nintendo Cafe? (The bottom screen reminded me of the VMU...)
Which can so be used for Chaos or that pokemon thing.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1