Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Sega hopes to rejuvenate their flagship franchise with Sonic the Hedgehog 4, but one group in particular isn't on board: deranged Sonic fans. Destructoid discovered an internet petition by a sect of gamers who believe -- based entirely on the exceedingly brief footage that's been leaked -- that their money would be better spent on downloadable versions of the original Sonic.

That's right -- they intend on punishing Sega by throwing money at them. Here's their spiel in all its unedited glory:

"Fans of the sonic series are like most sega fans, we want their old games brought back to the glory days when sega was pretty much the power in video games. Seeing the gameplay of sonic 4 has made many of us realize what we already knew, Sonic 4 will simply not be anywhere near as good as the original sonic games. Either way, We will decide to finally show sega what the fans truly want. A real sonic 4, as long as sonic 4 stays the way it is, we will not buy it, we will in fact buy sonic 1 on release in protest of sonic 4, till we end up with a re tool, or change, we want sonic in hd, not sonic RUSH HD. We will not buy a future sonic game, till we get a true successor to sonic 1/2"

Whatever your opinion on Sonic's upcoming 2D adventure, you'd be hard-pressed to find much logic in their proposal. Never mind the fact that, by definition, these Sonic fans have almost certainly played through the original Genesis game already -- probably on several platforms. And what message, exactly, will Sega get if people march in droves to buy the nearly 20-year-old Sonic the Hedgehog instead of Sonic 4? It's sure to be about as effective as shopping at Sam's Club because you're boycotting Walmart.

Source

This is so stupid. So let's boycott and send Sega a message by buying Sega products. Yeah! That's like boycotting China and buying lead Barbie dolls as a sign of protest. No offense, China.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh heh, moo.

In order to punish Nintendo for not giving me a 2D Metroid on DS, I'm going to buy 2 copies if Metroid: Other M for myself and my friends!!!

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i think Sega should just drop Sonic all together and get Yu Suzuki to finish Shenmue instead...or release another Jet Set Radio game. Most people who like Sonic only like the few good games from the 90's and complain about how much Sonic games suck now anyway which would mean that Sonic has more fail games then good ones which makes Sonic fail.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They do know that Sega is even adding back in chaos emeralds, and "super saiyan sonic"...right?

There's even a list of achievements that makes it look like the first episode will be a slightly more modern Sonic 3 and it'll have quite a bit of gameplay.

Anyways, funny shit as always. This is is even more ridiculous than people boycotting Left 4 Dead 2 and then eating shit up like new Madden releases.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YEAH LETS GIVE SEGA MONEY FOR NOTHING THAN MONEY FOR SOMETHING!!!1111!!!

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
haflore said:
Heh heh, moo.

In order to punish Nintendo for not giving me a 2D Metroid on DS, I'm going to buy 2 copies if Metroid: Other M for myself and my friends!!!
if you'd be following the logics mentioned here you should be buying metroid(the original one)

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
haflore said:
Heh heh, moo.

if you'd be following the logics mentioned here you should be buying metroid(the original one)
Yeah, but I still want a new game
tongue.gif

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you know what I do not get? If they don't like it why won't they simply ignore it. Thats what the Zelda community does with the CD-i games and it has worked out pretty well for us.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so...

1. A game is announced that goes back to the original way of doing things.

2. Old-school fans who liked the old way are pissed and boycott the game.

3. Their boycott is done by buying the old products sold by the company.

Either I'm missing a crucial detail or they're just fucking stupid...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Okay, so...

1. A game is announced that goes back to the original way of doing things.

2. Old-school fans who liked the old way are pissed and boycott the game.

3. Their boycott is done by buying the old products sold by the company.

Either I'm missing a crucial detail or they're just fucking stupid...

Don't worry, it's the latter.

But this is the case with Sonic fanboys. They like roughly 3 or 4 Sonic games and call everything else terrible or a butchering of the franchise. Not saying there aren't butcherings of the Sonic franchise, but there are solid Sonic games outside of the original series (like Sonic Rush or the GBA titles).

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the thing.

People wanted a NEW game not a rehash. We wanted a true Sonic the Hedghog 4 and we got Sonic the Hedgehog 2.5 but Prettier.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadriano said:
Here is the thing.

People wanted a NEW game not a rehash. We wanted a true Sonic the Hedghog 4 and we got Sonic the Hedgehog 2.5 but Prettier.

How to make it Sonic The Hedghog 4?

I like Sonic games 1-3, but they look the same with small graphical changes. The way sequels go, you got Sonic 4... Be glad that they didn't butcher it.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blink.gif
So they are boycotting Sonic 4 and buying Sonic 1. .... Now that is retarded and I don't give a damn if they want a true sequel. At least they are getting something. On another note Sega is still making money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.