Hacking Sonic Colors save

Giga_Gaia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if I am actually in the right section for this, but is there any way to convert the save from Sonic Colors PAl version to use it with the NTSC/US version?

I tried the savegame manager GX trick to convert save games, but the game tell me the file is actually corrupted.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
here is what i did to convert my colors game save no hex editing needed.

1. Make a game save for both regions
2. Download Save Game manager GX if you dont already have it
3. Open Save Game manager GX and extract both the pal and ntsc game saves to either hdd or SD
4. Go to your computer and open the extracted game saves folder for both regions.
5. Delete everything in the ntsc folder except the banner.bin file
6 copy and paste everything from the pal folder except the banner.bin into the ntsc folder
7. Plug your SD or HDD back into your wii and load up save game manager gx
8. Install the new ntsc game save and once that's finished load up the game of the save you just converted and see if it worked.

*Note this night not work for every game and always make sure to have a back up of your original save encase things go wrong*

hetoan2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you aren't going to play on the PAL one any more, you can simply rename the folder in NAND:/title/00010000/534E4350 from 534E4350 to 534E4345 and everything will work properly. (only for this game and some others because the save structure is identical)

you will need game_0.sav through game_9.sav even if you aren't playing on those or your save will likely corrupt. you also need the system.sav as that controls various settings like language and stuff.

And to the above poster, changing the banner.bin shouldn't do anything harmful, just give you some wrong information.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it does when a game like this is named different between the 2 regions I.E the banner would be different. i copied the banner.bin along with the other files and the save corrupted copied everything but the banner this time it worked.

hetoan2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't make a difference with Call of Duty, but i'll take you're word for it since i didn't actually try with this game.

Giga_Gaia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now, when I do what you told me, after I reinstalled the NTSC/US save, it just delete it. I go in the game and it says I have no savegame. Also, going in the wii savedata management show no savegame and if I reboot Savegame Manager GX, there is no save game either.

Also, I noticed the save can't be manually copied from the wii menu, it seems it's copy protected.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if it deleted your save then you did something wrong cause if you followed my steps it shoul dhave worked and its copy protected in system menu cause it has wifi data but i was able to change mine from pal to ntsc just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1