Taik

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I have all Red Rings too, and honestly, it's not worth it at all.

First, you have to choose between Super Sonic or the Wisps, you can't use both .

Second, Super Sonic isn't THAT broken, infinite boost sure but his jump is as high as Sonic's double jump and SS can't do a second jump.

Because you can't use the wisps, you can't get S ranks because the wisps give tons of points.
You can't get "OMG AWESOME" times either since you need some shortcuts which are only available using wisps.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Taik said:
Because you can't use the wisps, you can't get S ranks because the wisps give tons of points.
um you've already gotten an s rank to get ss unlocked so why would you need to get it again if you get a lower rank it doesnt erase the S rank
tongue.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh...like pretty much most Sonic games in recent years, I'm not a huge fan of the boss battles. They've always had potential to be really fun, but for some reason they always just end up being annoying.

And one thing I don't get about this game is the rings. It never makes a difference whether you have one ring or a 100 -- you get hit once, you lose all rings, regardless. Seems pretty effin' stupid. Other than that, I'm really having a blast with this 3D Sonic. The levels are the perfect length, lots of great speed-run potential.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Taik said:
um you've already gotten an s rank to get ss unlocked so why would you need to get it again if you get a lower rank it doesnt erase the S rank
tongue.gif
Rank doesn't unlock Super Sonics, Rings do. I have Super Sonic with only a few S ranks.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I always thought would be a great feature in Sonic games is a sort of "fog-of-war" map that you could view after playing through a level. That way, you could see what areas of the map you may have missed, adding to the re-playability of the levels.
Maybe have 3 modes to that map. Mode1 would be more of a game history showing whatever you've uncovered during the entire time the game was ever played (or last reset) and it would always be open to see.
Mode2 could be for doing a "clean run-through" and it would show only what you've cleared that one time through, so you could try to get everything in one run.
Mode3 could be to save your best run-through as you replay the game to try and improve it.

Re-playability would be greatly improved, don't you think? It would make it more interesting than just getting a better rank in each level.....though they could still have that too. They could use the mapping feature for more of their unlock/secret/extra/achievement game-design that all games seem to thrive on nowadays. I don't know, seems obvious to me that gamers would like that. Wouldn't you agree?

The bonus levels seem way too easy to beat in this game. I have never lost a round yet. Is it just me or are they really just too darn easy?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Rayder said:
What I always thought would be a great feature in Sonic games is a sort of "fog-of-war" map that you could view after playing through a level. That way, you could see what areas of the map you may have missed, adding to the re-playability of the levels.
the original had a special debug mode cheat where you can turn sonic into a ring and other things as well as add stuff to the map (but it didn't stay there) plus scroll through the entire level freely.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
GeekyGuy said:
whether you have one ring or a 100 -- you get hit once, you lose all rings, regardless.
um it's always been like that since sonic 1
tongue.gif

Hmm...the Rush games didn't seem to be like that if I recall. I always thought you lost a bunch, but not all. For the regular levels, it's not an issue for me. With bosses, though, it kinda sucks the fun out of the fight.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's nice to know people are liking Colors. I'm hoping to play it tomorrow after I get Christmas shopping done, cause it's a review I wanted to write on it, unless Guild beats me to it, or someone else for that matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s