Gaming Sonic classic Collection DS Hmm?! 0.o

Genesis or NDS: Which to play some Sonic?

• I'll dust off my Genesis

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • I'll deal with the NDS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You know about the "Sonic Mega Collection," right?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hikarushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I like Sonic, I do. I played his games back in the glory days of the genesis.
Sonic spinball was one hell of a difficult game for me, & Sonic 3 & Knuckles was to die for.
Hydrocity music acts 1 & 2 ftw!
Recently Sega has release "Sonic Classic Collection" for the NDS; boy was I thrilled to get wind of this.
Like any other gamer, I took a shot at it and feel into nostalgia. Sadly, that feeling subdued only momentarily as the frame art began to skip and I noticed a few slow downs. It was like the "Sonic the Hedgehog, Genesis" for the GBA all over again.
Luckily, for this case, it wasn't as bad. Rather, Sega has learned from their mistakes and did better on there part the second time around. Sega for that I thank you.
Now I say, Sega truly does what nintendon't as it seems, the DS can't seem to run a port of a Sonic game smoothly. Or perhaps Sega was a bit lazy on their part.
I'm grateful for this, but for the size of the DS card as it is, more could've been done, to make this title as solid as that of the Mega collection from the previous generation of consoles.

What do you guys think?

Lucasonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
Play it on No$GBA
It plays better than on a flash cart.

Two things:

1) Kinda ironic how the game runs better on an emulator..

2) I'm sure he could always just play the orignals on a Sega Genesis emulator if he wanted to play it on a computer, but I see your point.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lucasonic-

No$gba has been known to play DS games better than they did on the real system. There's SCC, which plays without lag on no$, whereas it has lag on both flashcards AND the retail version. Another game i played with some excruciating painful lag was Rayman DS. Played on no$, that lag is reduced by at least 50%, if not more. It's strange. And it doesn't speed up the music like if you overclocked the DS processor, it just smooths the framerate out, which is weird... I dunno how it does it either. Impressive though.

Oh and by the way, don't use desmume to play SCC, it has some glitches in Sonic 2 which will make you fall through floors a LOT. And the Sonic 3 special stages are all off center.

On topic- I'll stick with the Genesis versions played in Kega Fusion. Best Genesis emulator ever for sure, probably 99.99% perfect i'd say. Sonic Classic Collection isn't unplayable or anything, but if you have ANY other way to play the games, take that route. There are better collections too, Mega Collection is nice. But i'll just stick to the originals on a PC emulator. You can make them virtually perfect on Fusion.

Hikarushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
lol The "story book" titles yeah
Tanas said:
You missed out of the pole "I think that Sonic sucks"

Also, taking out mutiplayer & time attack in Sonic 3, really lost it for me.
Okay, no mutiplayer, *Shrug* But no "time Attack!?" That's just preposterous!!

For those that would like to hear remixes of the Sonic 3 & Knuckles titles, here's a link: http://www.projectchaos.info/php/media.php

I like Hydrocity (Walk on Water) the best as you may know already.
biggrin.gif

PPXEXE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why doesn't this game have the Sonic Advance games in it, Sega should really think more. Capcom already got the Megaman Zero Series coming out for the Ds

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish they'd included Knuckles' Chatotix, Sonic Drift 1 and 2, the Game Gear / Mega Drive Sonic the Hedgehog games, Sonic Drift 1 and 2, Sonic Spinball, and Sonic 3D Blast.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering how this is an emulation, i doubt they could include Knuckles Chaotix. It requires a pretty decent computer to run under emulation. At least, far faster than what the DS can handle. Actually, that game has never been remade, ported, or put in an official emulator to this day. As for Sonic Advance, why? Either way, it's milking one franchise or another. And you can't still play those if you have a DS Phat or Lite.

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
Thats true, but i mean if he wants sonic and knuckles 2 and 3?
No$GBA is the way to go

Not if he were doing it on the PC. There are ROMs of Knuckles in Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles for Genesis, so there would be no reason to put up with the small resolution of no$GBA when he could just download those and play them through FUSION or Gens.

Kasumi Yawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I prefere the PC Version, with all of Sonic Game and not only the genesis version. But it's cool for kids to discover the old before Sonic the hedgehog 4 this summer
smile.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JereTHEend said:
Weirdly I think jenesisDS runs sonic 2 smoother than the classic collection...
It does. It runs all the Sonic games without lag. Although, Sonic Classic Collection did fix several glitches in the graphics (Lava Reef Zone's boss now looks correct).

Jothri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Original sonic on DS? I wouldn't mind that, I got sega genesis though. I think all I have is sonic. Also, will sonic chronicles the dark brotherhood be continued?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Considering how this is an emulation, i doubt they could include Knuckles Chaotix. It requires a pretty decent computer to run under emulation. At least, far faster than what the DS can handle. Actually, that game has never been remade, ported, or put in an official emulator to this day. As for Sonic Advance, why? Either way, it's milking one franchise or another. And you can't still play those if you have a DS Phat or Lite.

Kega Fusion for PC plays Knuckles Chaotix just fine. Just sayin'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.