Sonic Classic (AKAIO 1.5) or Zelda:ST (1.5.1)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by CannonFoddr, Mar 5, 2010.

1. CannonFoddr
    OP

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    OK - so it seems that we're not gonna get any new AKAIO loaders until v1.6 come out (& we don't know when that'll be)

So I'm stuck with a dilemma:-

I'd like Zelda:ST (Still to complete it all - I'm trying for 100% without cheats) AND I'd like to recap to 'good old days' of Sonic in 'Sonic Classic Collection' BUT

You can't play 'Sonic Classic Collection' unless you use AKAIO 1.5
    AND
    You can't play 'Zelda:Spirit tracks' without AKAIO 1.5.1 (No train controls - unless I use a HACKED version which I don't want)

So what am I to do ??????

What would YOU choose: Zelda (1.5.1) or Sonic (1.5) ???

- or is there a way around this other than mentioned here, 'cos I tried it & it doesn't work (the only Loader avaliable is 'AKAIO')

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    i thought you can use jEnesisDS to play the sonic game?

3. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    definitely Zelda any day Sonic has been and always will be overrated the old school sonic games aren't even that great to begin with.

4. CannonFoddr
    OP

United Kingdom
    True - or so I've read, but since I'm THAT lazy - I can't really be bothered to run an emulator then browse & run the game.

However if there was a Moonshell2 plugin that allows me to select AND it'll autoload/run the game (not just start up the emulator, where I would still have to browse & re-select) - then I guess that could be a way around it

EDIT: just found out there IS a jEnesisDS plugin for Moonshell (well in this pack anyway) - guess I 'd best check it out & see if it'll autoload/run

EDIT (again): Well I've tried it & well... it does the same as other moonshell 'Plugins', where you select a game, MS starts up the relevant Emulator & you have to browse/select the game again.
    Also I find it a little annoying that there's no Horizontal scaling, so part of the screen is missing when playing.... Is there another jEnesis equivalent that'll scale the screen to DS size ??

5. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    does sonic run on 1.5.1?

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Not yet.

Play one game first, switch out the loaders, play the next game. Simple as pie. Switching out the loaders takes like all of 5 seconds.

7. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Use 1.5 and download the latest original Acekard Firmware and put that akloader.nds into your Aio folder where it says Acekard loader, to play Zelda.

8. Kinqdra

Member Kinqdra GBAtemp's Official T-shirt

Croatia
    Just swap the loader, sonic clasics will work on 1.5.1, just put the loader from the 1.5 akaio
    EDIT - you guys beated me to it [​IMG]

9. bookwormzsh

Newcomer bookwormzsh Member

United States
    Well, I like both games(meaning Sonic and Zelda series) and seeing as there hasn't been a ROM dumped yet(as far as I know) for Sonic Classic Collection so how would we decide? Besides all you have to do to play Spirit Tracks is download the latest AKAIO loader. Sorry my bad the sites I was using didn't have Sonic Classic Collection.

10. bookwormzsh

United States
    Why doesn't someone just upload a .sav file for Sonic Classic Collection that way you don't have to choose?

11. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    Go with Sonic. Zelda:ST sucked.

12. Man18

Member Man18 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    finish the LOZ game and then play some sonic or go buy a cheap 256mb mem stick for cell phones and have at it.

13. CannonFoddr
    OP

United Kingdom
    If that was the case why don't you supply it - IIRC a SAV will not fix it with 1.5.1 AKAIO - the SAV file was needed for the 'bad dump' version of the game

14. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    If this were me I'd just grab a fresh copy of AKAIO 1.5, extract the ak2loader.nds, rename it, and install it on my current version of AKAIO 1.5.1.

15. CannonFoddr
    OP

United Kingdom
    Tried that - doesn't seem to work. I've had to replace ALL of /_aio/ with 1.5 to get it to run OK

One thing I forgot to mention - AKAIO is NOT what I usually use to run Games etc on my AK2i (I don't usually use cheats etc), so all this mucking about with Loaders is a bit of a hassle

What I have is AKAIO that AUTOBOOTS Moonshell 2, which has been 'fixed' to run Commercial ROMS.
    This is so that I can use MS for loading virtually everything (via EXTLINK plugins) I'd like to run - NDS/GB/GBC/GEN Roms (OK - once selected it load in the appropiate emulator THEN I have to reselect the game),Homebrew,Music,Videos (DPG/AVI),Txt etc - Done this because AKAIO don't do plugins anymore

Guess I have to stick with one or the other until AKAIO 1.6 comes out (think it'll be Z:ST as I'm further into that than Sonic Classics, & as mentioned earlier I can always play those via Emulator)

16. bookwormzsh

United States
  17. bookwormzsh

United States
  18. CannonFoddr
    OP

United Kingdom
    You're too late - by about 20hours [​IMG] (thanks for the PM though)
    - I've already got it installed & also found a couple of bugs which I've already passed onto the AKAIO Forum & already checked those out - no more worries on what to choose