Sonic Chaos (fan remake) announcement trailer & demo

schaos.jpg

A fan effort to remake the 8-bit 1993 game Sonic Chaos is progressing steadily and the team have today released a new announcement trailer and playable demo.

The demo contains the first 2 acts of the game - Turquoise Hill and features both Sonic & Tails as playable characters. The game is currently only available on Windows platforms. The gameplay and design is inspired by Sonic Mania and is built from the ground-up on a proprietary engine known as the Crimson Engine.

Check out the announcement trailer below and follow the link for the projects homepage and demo download.

Sonic Chaos is a fan game and re-imagining of the 1993 Sega Game Gear and Master System platform game of the same name. Based on the current style of 2D classic Sonic games inspired by Sonic Mania, Sonic Chaos updates the 8 bit visuals of the original and adapts a play style more closely resembling the classic 16-bit games. The game has been in development for almost an entire year, of which the last 3 months was spent building a brand new engine from scratch. Sonic Chaos uses this new engine, Crimson Engine, and with it we've strived for classic Sonic gameplay accuracy.

:arrow: Sonic Chaos Announcement Trailer (YouTube)
:arrow: Demo download

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks great! I bought sonic mania for the switch. I'm only at the forth zone (electric battery?). that game is hard af. I'm mostly thinking of the 3-1 boss specifically. ;)

D

Deleted User

looks great! I bought sonic mania for the switch. I'm only at the forth zone (electric battery?). that game is hard af. I'm mostly thinking of the 3-1 boss specifically. ;)
lol mania is easy af its the easiest of the 2D sonic games (and thats saying something coming from me)

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i played it, i love the act 2

I wish it was Triple Trouble, but Chaos was pretty fun back in the day.
there WAS a triple trouble that was already announced months ago, not in the same level, the project is to looks like a genesis game, but the sage demo of this year got cancelled, the creator didn't had so much time to work on it, so just next year

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a Game Gear back when it was new and I don't remember ever hearing of this game before. I have Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Drift 2, and Mr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, but certainly not Sonic Chaos.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Truly one of the best surprises for SAGE!
It looks great, got great music, and I love the new additions which weren't in the original. Seems like Sonic Chaos just got... Maniafied.
However....some of the mechanics don't work well(for example, you can't hit a hitbox often), and I heard it crashed for some people.
I honestly had a lot of fun with it. I even put the OST in my playlist! :D

But that's not the only fangame out there. Hoping you all check the rest of the fangames for this SAGE!
http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/SAGE/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

there WAS a triple trouble that was already announced months ago, not in the same level, the project is to looks like a genesis game, but the sage demo of this year got cancelled, the creator didn't had so much time to work on it, so just next year

To be exact, it wasn't cancelled. He just couldn't reach the deadline for SAGE, but I think he'll release the demo sometime later this year.

Last edited by RedoLane,

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Truly one of the best surprises for SAGE!
It looks great, got great music, and I love the new additions which weren't in the original. Seems like Sonic Chaos just got... Maniafied.
However....some of the mechanics don't work well(for example, you can't hit a hitbox often), and I heard it crashed for some people.
I honestly had a lot of fun with it. I even put the OST in my playlist! :D

But that's not the only fangame out there. Hoping you all check the rest of the fangames for this SAGE!
http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/SAGE/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To be exact, it wasn't cancelled. He just couldn't reach the deadline for SAGE, but I think he'll release the demo sometime later this year.
ooh i thought he would wait more to release it

D

Deleted User

I love how they combined the GG and SMS versions of the song for Act 2. Makes me wonder how they'll handle the music for the rest of the stages, as well as the BG Colors for Mecha Green Hill.

I wish it was Triple Trouble, but Chaos was pretty fun back in the day.
Both are pretty worthy of re-imaginings, but I'd say Triple Trouble moreso than Chaos.

It would've been cool to see them worked together into a combined game, though there are a lot of conflicting ideas between the two games (namely the Special Stages) that would have to be either redone or cut to get that to work.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atleast Sega doesn't take down projects like these.

yeah sega has a + rating from me even if they're slacking off (imo) on the sonic franchise (forces,Sonic 06 (yeah the worst bug wise sonic game ever) even Shadow the hedgehog was a mess but they redeem themselves for being pro fan game in my eyes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water