Sonic Chaos (fan remake) announcement trailer & demo

schaos.jpg

A fan effort to remake the 8-bit 1993 game Sonic Chaos is progressing steadily and the team have today released a new announcement trailer and playable demo.

The demo contains the first 2 acts of the game - Turquoise Hill and features both Sonic & Tails as playable characters. The game is currently only available on Windows platforms. The gameplay and design is inspired by Sonic Mania and is built from the ground-up on a proprietary engine known as the Crimson Engine.

Check out the announcement trailer below and follow the link for the projects homepage and demo download.

Sonic Chaos is a fan game and re-imagining of the 1993 Sega Game Gear and Master System platform game of the same name. Based on the current style of 2D classic Sonic games inspired by Sonic Mania, Sonic Chaos updates the 8 bit visuals of the original and adapts a play style more closely resembling the classic 16-bit games. The game has been in development for almost an entire year, of which the last 3 months was spent building a brand new engine from scratch. Sonic Chaos uses this new engine, Crimson Engine, and with it we've strived for classic Sonic gameplay accuracy.

:arrow: Sonic Chaos Announcement Trailer (YouTube)
:arrow: Demo download

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played the demo, and by god it's fantastic, albeit with some minor oddities/glitches. I absolutely can't wait for more, though.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we're going to suggest other games to remake...or sequel, I'd suggest a Tails Adventure sequel. It had a lot of interesting puzzle ideas which honestly could have been expanded in a lot better ways than they were. As for the GG Sonic games? Uh, they didn't really do much for me. Sunset Park Act 3 music, yes. The games themselves, no. :/

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Can't wait to see the finished product of this. I'll definitely play it, especially since I've never played any of the GG Sonic games.

lol mania is easy af its the easiest of the 2D sonic games (and thats saying something coming from me)

I dunno, I thought Sonic 3 (& Knuckles) was pretty darn easy in comparison.

Why do people even care about Sonic, I wonder... eternal hurt over not having a SNES, I think.

Because there are people who grew up on the franchise, and care a great deal for the things that glittered most in their childhood. I imagine it's the same case with you to some degree. Also, why would anyone be hurt over not having an SNES these days when there are plenty of ways to experience games for the system?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I had a Game Gear back when it was new and I don't remember ever hearing of this game before. I have Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Drift 2, and Mr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, but certainly not Sonic Chaos.
In Japan it was called Sonic and Tails. But both versions are in English.

TheMCNerd2017

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just played this fan-game today, and the only thing I really didn't like were the physics. Tons of weird collision oddities, tunnels killing any momentum every time, and Sonic controlling like a tank.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I don't want to be a dream crasher or something, but .. what's the point?
I really like it when people start making their own game and show their talents, but why sonic?
Sonic fans were crying for a 2D Sonic and they got Sonic Mania (which is just a combination of all the classic 2D games)
You could have made a new game with new ideas instead of another sonic game.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A fan effort to remake the 8-bit 1993 game Sonic Chaos is progressing steadily and the team have today released a new announcement trailer and playable demo.

The demo contains the first 2 acts of the game - Turquoise Hill and features both Sonic & Tails as playable characters. The game is currently only available on Windows platforms. The gameplay and design is inspired by Sonic Mania and is built from the ground-up on a proprietary engine known as the Crimson Engine.

Check out the announcement trailer below and follow the link for the projects homepage and demo download.

:arrow: Sonic Chaos Announcement Trailer (YouTube)
:arrow: Demo download

My third favorite Sonic after Adventure DX, and Sonic CD.

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people even care about Sonic, I wonder... eternal hurt over not having a SNES, I think.

I'll tell you why, because Sega completely crapped all over the series with the evolution of going from 2D to 3D. I'll give Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 a pass, but the rest were absolutely terrible. Sonic needed to stay old school and keep it's charm which Sonic Mania accomplished perfectly.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll tell you why, because Sega completely crapped all over the series with the evolution of going from 2D to 3D. I'll give Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 a pass, but the rest were absolutely terrible. Sonic needed to stay old school and keep it's charm which Sonic Mania accomplished perfectly.
How was Sonic Unleashed and Generations terrible. Heck you even argue Sonic Heroes and all the Nintendo Handheld games.

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How was Sonic Unleashed and Generations terrible. Heck you even argue Sonic Heroes and all the Nintendo Handheld games.

They were all terrible, trust me on this. If they weren't then Sonic Mania wouldn't have done as well. The only reason it did awesome was because it brought Sonic back as it should be.

In my opinion I never viewed Sonic the same after the original 2D games. Something got lost and it's tough to explain. The older games had this charm that was tough to replicate. Sonic Mania replicated it.

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They were all terrible, trust me on this. If they weren't then Sonic Mania wouldn't have done as well. The only reason it did awesome was because it brought Sonic back as it should be.

In my opinion I never viewed Sonic the same after the original 2D games. Something got lost and it's tough to explain. The older games had this charm that was tough to replicate. Sonic Mania replicated it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte