Sonic Central stream roundup - Sonic Colors Ultimate and Sonic Origins announced

Here we go, Sonic fans. The stream is here, and SEGA is ready to show us what they've got. Stay tuned for the full announcement coverage.

There will be a musical event for the Sonic series on June 23rd, for the 30th anniversary.

Tokyo 2020 Olympics will feature a Sonic costume that your characters can wear. Launches June 22nd.

Two Point Hospital will have a Sonic pack.

Lost Judgement will have Sonic the Fighters be playable in-game.

Sonic Colors is back. Sonic Colors Ultimate launches September 7th, for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. It will also be on PC, as an Epic Games Store exclusive.

A new project called Sonic Colors: Rise of the Wisps will be a short two-episode animation special to promote the launch of Sonic Colors Ultimate. Sort of like Sonic Mania Adventures, the animation is 2D, and features Roger Craig Smith as the voice of Sonic once more. Episode 1 will be out this summer.

Just as the rumors foretold, Sonic Origins is teased, compiling the first five classic Sonic games, with a major reveal that they're finally addressing Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, which will be part of the collection. More information is coming later this year. There will be extra additions and inclusions, though they were not specified. It'll have Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, and CD.

Sonic 1, 2, and CD appear to be the Taxman versions, or at least feature widescreen support. However, Sonic 3's short footage shows it running at 4:3, unchanged from its original release.

UPDATE: Sonic 3 & Knuckles confirmed to be in 16:9 widescreen - see threadmark.

Sonic Racing for mobile adds classic Sonic.

SEGA discusses how Sonic games are coming to Amazon Luna and PlayStation Now.

The cartoon show Sonic Prime is the next topic. Sonic Prime will premiere next year. It takes place in the Shatterverse.

SEGA plans to release all sorts of toys and merch for the 30th anniversary. There's even jewelry.

Last but not least is the final tease...2022 will be when the next Sonic game launches, for last and current gen platforms. Xbox One, Series X|S, Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5.The short trailer shows Sonic running in a forest, using some sort of powers. No gameplay is shown. The title may be Sonic Zap, though it's uncertain.

UPDATE:
The social media manager for the Sonic Twitter account confirmed that Sonic 3 will get the widescreen treatment.

Last edited by shaunj66,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonic holds a special place in my heart, ever since I won the Nickelodeon Slime Time Sweepstakes. I got a free genesis, sonic 1, and a turbo controller and was on tv. I didn't win the grand prize of a tv and whatnot, because I chose the wrong two panels to flip over. I got slimed as well, well, my picture did. that's when I was a kid. my parents recorded it on guess what, beta max, so we lost the broadcast. ;)

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE!

Sonic 3 & Knuckles WILL be in remastered widescreen! Whether or not it's by Taxman and/or Stealth is still unknown! Social media and brand influencer @KatieChrz confirmed on Twitter. :D

If they just use an emulator and stretch it to fill 16:9 I swear to fuck....
There's also the possibility that if Taxman and Stealth aren't brought back, they got the dude who made Sonic 3 AIR... which'd be cool too.

Reactions: shaunj66

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a massive Sonic fan. I own all seven Chaos Emeralds. And a power up monitor scented candle holder. But I still think this was far weaker than it could have been. Sonic Colours on Switch/PS4 is welcome, but that's about it. They could add so much more to that classics collection, it's not like the file size would be an issue. Give us a collection that includes a tonne of other stuff. Like the GBA and DS games, they were great. Put the Sonic Advance trilogy on Switch eShop and I'll buy them day one.

As for the new teaser, too early to tell anything about it. Sonic 06 had a pretty dope trailer, look how that turned out.

Distinct lack of Sonic Mania 2 continues to be as welcome as a red hot sewing needle to the urethra. Seriously, it sold gangbusters and pretty much redefined what a Sonic game should be. Why don't we have 8? We get annual FIFA, CoD and Assassin's Creed games. Only one Sonic Mania. Something's very wrong with the way the universe is being run.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
An enhanced port.

Then no thanks, I have both the DS and Wii version and they still work fine. Plus I like the 2D version more.

Also I do have the PS2 game with Sonic 1,2, 3 & Knuckles and I have the 2011 Sonic CD port for PC.

Distinct lack of Sonic Mania 2 continues to be as welcome as a red hot sewing needle to the urethra

Agreed, even a DLC with ten extra levels would be cool.

Last edited by raxadian,

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
And a power up monitor scented candle holder.
what does that even smell like

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that was fucking weak!!!
so colors and maybe new sonic game And err that's it. i put my headphones on for nothing!
the worst part about you being super negative about everything is that you're right like 90% of the time

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seems the Epic exclusivity deal was a late change, you can find leftovers of Steam art within the page footer folder.
ctjhbxM.jpg

Also, it might end up coming out on Stadia
AntHzxI.jpg

The whole image folder, if you guys want to check it. They did a pretty bad job by allowing indexing here.
https://colors.sonicthehedgehog.com/img/

Reactions: Darksabre72

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay