Sonic Central stream roundup - Sonic Colors Ultimate and Sonic Origins announced

Here we go, Sonic fans. The stream is here, and SEGA is ready to show us what they've got. Stay tuned for the full announcement coverage.

There will be a musical event for the Sonic series on June 23rd, for the 30th anniversary.

Tokyo 2020 Olympics will feature a Sonic costume that your characters can wear. Launches June 22nd.

Two Point Hospital will have a Sonic pack.

Lost Judgement will have Sonic the Fighters be playable in-game.

Sonic Colors is back. Sonic Colors Ultimate launches September 7th, for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. It will also be on PC, as an Epic Games Store exclusive.

A new project called Sonic Colors: Rise of the Wisps will be a short two-episode animation special to promote the launch of Sonic Colors Ultimate. Sort of like Sonic Mania Adventures, the animation is 2D, and features Roger Craig Smith as the voice of Sonic once more. Episode 1 will be out this summer.

Just as the rumors foretold, Sonic Origins is teased, compiling the first five classic Sonic games, with a major reveal that they're finally addressing Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, which will be part of the collection. More information is coming later this year. There will be extra additions and inclusions, though they were not specified. It'll have Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, and CD.

Sonic 1, 2, and CD appear to be the Taxman versions, or at least feature widescreen support. However, Sonic 3's short footage shows it running at 4:3, unchanged from its original release.

UPDATE: Sonic 3 & Knuckles confirmed to be in 16:9 widescreen - see threadmark.

Sonic Racing for mobile adds classic Sonic.

SEGA discusses how Sonic games are coming to Amazon Luna and PlayStation Now.

The cartoon show Sonic Prime is the next topic. Sonic Prime will premiere next year. It takes place in the Shatterverse.

SEGA plans to release all sorts of toys and merch for the 30th anniversary. There's even jewelry.

Last but not least is the final tease...2022 will be when the next Sonic game launches, for last and current gen platforms. Xbox One, Series X|S, Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5.The short trailer shows Sonic running in a forest, using some sort of powers. No gameplay is shown. The title may be Sonic Zap, though it's uncertain.

UPDATE:
The social media manager for the Sonic Twitter account confirmed that Sonic 3 will get the widescreen treatment.

Last edited by shaunj66,
D

Deleted User

4:3 Sonic 3 after all these years is so horribly typical of SEGA that I can't even find it in me to be disappointed. Back to Sonic 3: AIR I guess!
to be fair sonic 3:air is probably far better than what sega could do themselves

i had a friend that basically played sonic 3 for the majority of his life, and when i made him try sonic 3 air he said it felt far better than the real thing, and he said they "fixed" blue spheres, by making it smoother and more responsive, he said it was better than the blue spheres in mania

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
4:3 Sonic 3 after all these years is so horribly typical of SEGA that I can't even find it in me to be disappointed. Back to Sonic 3: AIR I guess!
I'm going to remain optimistic that it will be Taxman edition given that the collection doesn't release for another YEAR as well as the fact the trailer had an "original gameplay" watermark over the footage. Otherwise what the fuck are they doing? Oh wait, it's SEGA. Yeah it may be 4:3.

Let's wait and see until further details drop.

D

Deleted User

I'm going to remain optimistic that it will be Taxman edition given that the collection doesn't release for another YEAR as well as the fact the trailer had an "original gameplay" watermark over the footage. Otherwise what the fuck are they doing? Oh wait, it's SEGA. Yeah it may be 4:3.

Let's wait and see until further details drop.
inb4 it's the taxman edition BUT with a completely different soundtrack

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.