Sonic Central stream - revealing upcoming projects for the Sonic franchise

sonic.png

Sonic news is on the way. With the 30th anniversary of the franchise set to take place just next month, SEGA is finally ready to give fans a look at what they can expect from the blue blur. On May 27th, a "first look" at the upcoming projects, events, and partnerships will be shown, courtesy of a live stream scheduled for 9am PT/12pm ET. If the rumors are true, we may just see Sonic Colors Ultimate Edition or a Sonic Anniversary Collection that includes Sonic 3. For now, we wait. You can catch the live reveals on the official Sonic the Hedgehog Twitch or YouTube page, or tune into our news coverage to see what gets confirmed.

:arrow: Source

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
sonic 06 with a max resolution of 120p, 10p textures, aspect ratio of 3:4(nope, not 4:3, and this is the only aspect ratio because fuck you), 25 fps max +plus more bugs than last time, and an extended kissing scene! Also no modding support because we hate you.(also it's an egs exclusive on pc and runs at 15 fps on consoles)
"Also, we're using the Sonic model based off of the original design for the movie. We found it fits the Eggman design in the game much better."

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget to remove all the remaining surfaces from the levels, because let's be honest, the best feature of the game is the unexpected falling through the floor to the void. And also remaster all levels into 100% running sequences.
So basically Sonic 06 ported to the Nokia N-Gage... Cool.

Reactions: pustal

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Since they decided to skip E3 is probably not a big deal,i expect that leaked collection and anniversary game at best maybe with a sneak peek of the upcoming series/movie but honestly I'm ready for dissapoiting

Ibn4 they announce zavok there for literally no reason like they did with team sonic racing

Reactions: Jonna

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
there is a sonic collection leak that some retailers posted for ps4 so maybe they are gonna remaster some sonic games imo.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be nice if they started a pattern of alternating between 3D and 2D releases. Also, would be nice to get some updated versions of Adventures 1 and 2 at some point. Those games have not aged well visually, especially the cutscenes.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Would be nice if they started a pattern of alternating between 3D and 2D releases. Also, would be nice to get some updated versions of Adventures 1 and 2 at some point. Those games have not aged well visually, especially the cutscenes.

Yeah, specially 1, the DX version didn't make things much better... I could even say it made worse in many aspects compared to the original. That's why I think it's more likely that Sonic Adventure would receive a remake rather than a simple remaster.

D

Deleted User

They should announce they're done with Sonic and just focus on bad ass games like Persona and Yakuza. I grew up on Sonic and don't hate some of them but I feel they've taken it as far as it's going to go they haven't done anything really innovative with it in forever. But since it makes money I'm sure there'll be a bunch of more crappy Sonics.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
They should announce they're done with Sonic and just focus on bad ass games like Persona and Yakuza. I grew up on Sonic and don't hate some of them but I feel they've taken it as far as it's going to go they haven't done anything really innovative with it in forever. But since it makes money I'm sure there'll be a bunch of more crappy Sonics.

I don't think Persona is developed by Sega.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm most curious to see what's next for Classic Sonic. I have a suspicion that we're gonna see a new collection of the classic games.

And realistically I think it'll look something like this: Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, and maybe even CD, all in HD wide-screen. 3 and Knuckles will probably have to have different music if a new deal can't be worked out with Jackson's estate, maybe beta tracks or new tracks from the guy that did the Mania music. Each game could now have spin dash and drop dash could optionally be enable. Maybe allow for Tails and Knuckles to be playable in each title as well. Base these on the mobile versions so that Hidden Palace Zone is put back on 2 and bam you have a definitive collection for these old games. This all seems pretty realistic, though maybe CD wouldn't be included.

If they wanna go the extra mile, upgrade the graphics of each game to look on par with Mania and maybe even include Ray and Mighty as unlockables. I could maybe see parts of this happening.

If they wanna blow our minds though: include a remake(demake?) of both episodes of Sonic 4 as a single title so that it also looks like Sonic Mania graphically and shares the same proper classic physics we know and love. Adjust level designs as necessary for fluid gameplay and consider bigger changes like if homing and the team attack should remain. This ain't happening, but I'd love it, it could fix Sonic 4 into an at least decent title and stop the structure of the series from being so odd where Mania looks more like Sonic 4 than the Sonic 4 we did recieve.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative