Gaming Sonic CD USA CUE file not working on 3DS

MetalKaiCD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Japanese one works what's the point of trying to use the American one? Also sonic cd runs very slow depending if you have an o3ds or a n3ds

I know, but the us version has a feature where if you pause the game and press any button you can restart the level.
I love this feature because when your stuck when you failed to time travel, you can retry the stage!
But the japanese version doesn't have that. I dont want to kill myself everytime i fail!

MetalKaiCD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess i have to find out myself, thanks for trying to help.
If anyone knows the anwser feel free to let me know!

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing I can suggest is to make the multibin into one bin and cue file (with added audio). that's what I meant about the ps3 having the same issue (with psx games). it can't read multibins, but it can read multitracks in the cue file itself with one bin file). that's the only other thing I can think of.

Reactions: MetalKaiCD

duwen

Old Man Yoshi
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the only thing I can suggest is to make the multibin into one bin and cue file (with added audio). that's what I meant about the ps3 having the same issue (with psx games). it can't read multibins, but it can read multitracks in the cue file itself with one bin file). that's the only other thing I can think of.
I've done this in the past. At times I had to actually burn a disk and then re-rip it to a more standard bin/cue configuration when there wasn't any software that could deal with the files I had.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
check the cue file to see if the right binary is listed. I'm not sure if it's case sensitive, but unless there's multiple bin files, you usually don't need a cue file for things, because the app knows the right credentials for the bin.

Yes i have multiple bin files, however they do work on the japanese version.

This post does not answer the question.

Open the .cue file in Notepad. (You can do this by opening Notepad and dragging-and-dropping the .cue file on top of it.) Verify that the .bin files listed in the .cue file correspond to the filenames of your .bin files. If the .bin files were renamed, then the .cue file will not work.

MetalKaiCD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But do i actually need a cue file?
Because the american iso does work on my 3ds but the music won't play.
What audio files do i need for the iso or does none of them work?
I tried mp3 and wav files but still no music.
Does anyone know?

MetalKaiCD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, unless it's a single bin file usually.
Somehow i got the cue working but it freezes on the sega cd menu screen.
All i get is this frozen screen were i'm stuck and i can't press any buttons:
270905-51c7b61cd8b0608999276266132fba07.jpg

Last edited by MetalKaiCD,

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my guess is that the cue file is screwed up. I don't know how best to make a bin that was multi-bin, then a cue file that works (probably mount the cue file with a virtual drive, but I don't know what app will fix the cue and bin files into one bin and one cue file).. it's been too long. I thought of imgburn, but it might make it an iso (not sure). you'll have to wait for someone else to chime in.

MetalKaiCD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my guess is that the cue file is screwed up. I don't know how best to make a bin that was multi-bin, then a cue file that works (probably mount the cue file with a virtual drive, but I don't know what app will fix the cue and bin files into one bin and one cue file).. it's been too long. I thought of imgburn, but it might make it an iso (not sure). you'll have to wait for someone else to chime in.

The problem is not the cue because i have multiple cue files and all of them either freezes on the menu or get a black screen.
Thanks alot for helping me out, but i think its something i have to find out myself and see what causes it to happen.
But i would like if someone else can help me out aswell.
Until then i will try to mess around with these files and see what results i get!

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is not the cue because i have multiple cue files and all of them either freezes on the menu or get a black screen.
Thanks alot for helping me out, but i think its something i have to find out myself and see what causes it to happen.
But i would like if someone else can help me out aswell.
Until then i will try to mess around with these files and see what results i get!

I wish I could've helped more, but the only multi bin/cue file thing I remember in recent memory is dino crisis on the original playstation. it has modchip protection, so I had to use a patch. however, the patch had a checksum, so both bin file (had only 2) had to be together along in order for the checksum to pass. I forgot how I did it, but I managed to patch the game, and it works on my ps2.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But do i actually need a cue file?
If the music and CD data are stored in separate files, then yes, you absolutely need a cue file.

So did you open it up in Notepad already? Because this whole discussion is kind of pointless otherwise.

Alternatively you can stop messing with all this and just find a BIN/CUE image that doesn't use MP3s.

Reactions: duwen

MetalKaiCD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the music and CD data are stored in separate files, then yes, you absolutely need a cue file.

So did you open it up in Notepad already? Because this whole discussion is kind of pointless otherwise.

Alternatively you can stop messing with all this and just find a BIN/CUE image that doesn't use MP3s.

I did and the bin files have the correct name, plus i never renamed the bin files.
The problem must be the cue file itself, but somehow only the american version has this problem.

MetalKaiCD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay guys i have done some tests and i was wrong!
The cue wasn't the problem it was the bin files!
What i did was using the bin files from the usa version on the japanese rom and the same thing happened.
I got a black screen!

Last edited by MetalKaiCD,

duwen

Old Man Yoshi
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't mix and match your bin and cue files. The cue file is a metadata file that defines how optical disc tracks are set up while the bin file contains the actual data that is burned to disc. The US and Jpn bin files aren't interchangeable, so the cue for one won't work with the other - especially as your versions have the audio as mp3's, and the audio tracks for the two regions are different.
I recommend doing what was mentioned above and go find a verified Redump of the disk.
...alternatives to that would be using ImgBurns rebuild feature, extracting and rebuilding with IsoBuster, or similar software that can rebuild a healthy disk image.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: Are people out there really spending $100 on fans...