Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice announced for 3DS

large.jpg

Nintendo of Europe and SEGA of Europe have today confirmed that they have entered into a new distribution agreement for the forthcoming Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice scheduled to release exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems across Europe this Winter. Under the terms of the agreement Nintendo of Europe will be responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of the game throughout European territories, with SEGA of Europe remaining as publisher.

The iconic 'blue blur,' Sonic the Hedgehog, will be racing once again in Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice as the game introduces more adventure, speed, exploration, and an all-new fire and ice gameplay element that will help propel the action. The game will also feature the triumphant return of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Sticks.

Developed by Sanzaru Games Inc., Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice is a single player game with collaborative gameplay components that shares key characters, events, and lore of the Sonic Boom universe.

Reactions: nxwing and LunaWofl

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Sonic Colours DS as a present for a friend a few years ago, he said it was pretty good too.
I've only played the first two levels of Sonic Colours Wii so far, but those were pretty good.

Since SEGA is making this one instead, I feel like it could be an overall better game, maybe. Shattered Crystal was the 3DS one, right? I played the demo (and still have it) and I thought it was okay, but it was definitely way better than what Rise of Lyric looked like it was like.
The Wii version gave me headaches, fast paced games with low framerate tend to do that to me. I couldn't tell you exactly why, though. Sonic Colors DS was great, though. Sonic Generations is easily my favorite Sonic game since Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

I played the Shattered Crystal demo as well. At least it wasn't horribly glitchy. Beyond that, it was really slow (which kind of misses the point of Sonic) with boring and long level design. I wouldn't call it okay.

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Hopefully the Sonic is nothing like this and starts a new, better franchise

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Hopefully the Sonic is nothing like this and starts a new, better franchise
Eggman teams up with Megabyte to take down Sonic and Bob. I like it.

They're probably keeping it on the 3DS so they can use a smaller budget and not have to take a large risk.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's honestly looking like Sonic Team especially just can't seem to figure out a system that works and to stick with it for Sonic. It's little wonder the blue blur has such a bad rap... they keep reinventing the wheel in an attempt to keep from going stale, only to do it so frequently we can't ever seem to keep a steady stream of enjoyable games anymore.

Reactions: TecXero

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember Sonic Chronicles being that bad, but then again, I never finished it. Maybe if it wasn't a Sonic game, some people would have like it better.

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been wanting to get Lost World for a while now. It reminds me of a somewhat linear Super Sonic Galaxy. The demo I played was fun enough. I would entertain a whole game.
Wii U nailed (non-slippery) controls but the 3DS gets the actual parkour part right. Go for Wii U though, less BS level design and fewer uncontrollable gyro special stages. Most of its gyro force-feeding has been patched by now, I think.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
This just makes me wish Sega would bankrupt and I know this would mean actual people would lose their jobs BUT they're clearly not doing their job properly AT ALL.

Screw you, Sega!

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just makes me wish Sega would bankrupt and I know this would mean actual people would lose their jobs BUT they're clearly not doing their job properly AT ALL.

Screw you, Sega!

To be honest though Sega is like that brilliant kid who always fails his tests because he has zero motivation and doesn't give two f's what people think

Sega clearly is capable of making a great 3d sonic game but they don't give a sht (hell 06 could of been great and had good ideas but like et 2600 they rushed it up so much it never had a chance)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The Adventure series was really broken and buggy without much replay value, so an improved version would be along the likes of Gens/Unleashed.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Adventure series was really broken and buggy without much replay value, so an improved version would be along the likes of Gens/Unleashed.
Depends I guess but Adventure is a great game to improve upon.
To me the perfect game would be Adventure only with sonic mode and no bugs which I feel would be easy to do if Sega gave a shit. Plus I get why people like it but I don't like the 2.5 and colors style of gameplay, just feels mehish

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest thier are alot of ways you could go tbh
Improved Adventure (which I'd love)
Mixed like colors
Or 2.5 gens style
Or all in one game! What? Too much? / 1/2 serious.

They could combine the ideas from Colors (powers and all) with Adventures. I think that can come out alright. Can't believe they didn't carry the Chaos idea into other games.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction