Sonic ATSR

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by directive0, Mar 1, 2007.

Mar 1, 2007

Sonic ATSR by directive0 at 1:57 AM (1,174 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. directive0
    OP

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Okay, so is anyone else really digging this game? [​IMG]

2. mcmanic

Newcomer mcmanic Member

United Kingdom
    not to sure, just done a NTSC to PAL conversion as it not out here yet and played 3 of the 1st mission thingy's. The controls seem really wierd. It say to move sonic left to rotate the wii remote left or and vice versa for right, BUT it don't work, to make Sonic move left or right i have to tip the remote up or down. Seems like the controls are reveresed somewhere?

3. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    You need to hold the Wii remote horizontally, so your left thumb is on the d-pad and your right thumb on the 1 and 2 buttons.

4. mcmanic

Newcomer mcmanic Member

United Kingdom

DOH, DOH and DOH, now i fel a total noobie, lol, thanks that would explain, lmao

5. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I`m really looking forward to this game. I love Sonic-games. Especially the ones on the DC.

For me SA2 is still unbeaten. [​IMG]

6. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Meh, its a shame that its just the same mechanics over and over again. Theres only like what 8 (could be wrong here) maps in totals and the game is just doing the same thing over and over again on different levels.

7. chalupa

Member chalupa GBAtemp Fan

United States
    the game starts off kinda slow (compared to a 2-d sonic game. fas for 3-d) and gets faster and faster as you progress and get power-ups and becomes extremely fun i wish there was a 2p versus. if a level seems really hard, skip it, get power-ups, and comeback as apposed to playing a level over 30 times (like I did) its fast [​IMG]

8. haveasafeday

Newcomer haveasafeday Member

United Kingdom
    I still cant decide if I should get this game tomorrow? Any more opinions?

9. mikeosoft

Member mikeosoft GBAtemp Regular

United States
    my roommate jist purchased this gem, and im glad to report its fucking amazing. It's got a fun single player, but also has over 40 multiplayer games and it supports 4 players

10. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    Thumbs up bro [​IMG]

Haven't got around to playing this game yet but one of my friends just bought it recently. Hopefully, he'll drop by Friday or Saturday so I can give it a test run.

11. directive0
    OP

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Guess my post was somewhat vague. Basically within the first 20 minutes of the game I wanted to boot it out the window. But after the prologue and the first level I was getting pretty into it. The fact that you cant control direction or camera gets a little annoying, and you can't really control sonic as well as you should till you unlock abilities and equip them. I just played the first level of the flying zombie village last night... wow-e-ooow.

Awesome game, I recommend it.

12. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    I really dont think the games that great, same thing different backdrop. Rent it id say.

13. haveasafeday

Newcomer haveasafeday Member

United Kingdom
    I bought it a couple of days ago and so far I'm really pleased with it.
    I think the leveling up and gaining new skills is balanced nicely and it's fun trying different things out.
    The controls are simple so it's easy to pick up, but some of the challenges are tricky!
    The only thing that seems a bit weird is the fact you cannot see behind you when you are walking backwards, which can be frustrating, although the camera angles generally aren't a problem.
    Well worth buying in my opinion [​IMG]

14. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Be honest I'm interested but afraid to pay $50 for it. Sonic Team has proven time and again with their lack of ability to code a game not laiden in bugs to the point where it's just eventually painful to play. Throw in the suckitude Shadow had going on and I just can't motivate myself into it.

Trust me I want it, as I haven't enjoyed 3D Sonic yet except the first on DC, and even then the bugs were infuriating (Especially the 2 parts of the last battle with eggman then chaos falling through the sucker then taking a hit for it.)

If I knew this game was solid as far as bugs and lack of collision go, and that it had that 2D sonic feel going for it I'll rush out and grab it, but I feel I already have thrown over $100 into the trash with SA2 and that hideous Heroes.

I really want Sega to prove to me they don't just exist out there to just plain suck and live off an old rep because also Alien Syndrome is tempting me too.

In other words: Sell it to me!

15. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    First Sonic game I really like! It's simply great. [​IMG] Not perfect, of course, but a lot of fast Sonic style fun. I could never get a hang of the 2D Sonics after having fun with them for a few minutes but this game I really love. It's easy to get into but at the same time challenging. Just like it should be! I haven't played any other 3D Sonics but I can confirm that this is what 3D Sonic should be like.