Country
Canada

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ferrariman said:
The game will be out Spring 2009. Also, THIS WAS THE BIG SECRET NINTENDO POWER HAD.

this one ?:

"story fit for a king. It's got a lot of heart. Just kidding. It's Mother 3. Just kidding. Please look forward to it"

i hope not

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squel? Don't you mean Sequel. And Secret Rings was the start of a Story Book series? So I guess the next game we're going to play as pirates?
blink.gif

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I now think that Sonic is crazier than the Megaman series. Now that I think about it... Hmm...

Megaman- Zero dies multiple times, Megaman comes back as a cyber elf thing, zero & x die again and turn into a rock? etc
Sonic- Shadow needs guns and cars, Sonic needs a sword, Sonic can turn in to a werewolf, No more freaking chao garden, Timetraveling related storyline(I'm starting to hate these) etc

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1NOOB said:
ferrariman said:
The game will be out Spring 2009. Also, THIS WAS THE BIG SECRET NINTENDO POWER HAD.

this one ?:

"story fit for a king. It's got a lot of heart. Just kidding. It's Mother 3. Just kidding. Please look forward to it"

i hope not
Seems so, remember that that sword on the last page of NP?

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ferrariman said:
1NOOB said:
ferrariman said:

this one ?:

i hope not
Seems so, remember that that sword on the last page of NP?

hmm

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So many people refused to believe this and brought out all kinds of reasons why the coverart was fake. It's sad that everyone thinks once something is revealed on the internet it's instantly fake. I even saw this one guy on GoNintendo comments present all kinds of "proof" why it was fake and had several pictures of old Nintendo Powers to compare which he insisted on showing his 15 year old overtired face in. It's stuff like that that earns you an eternal hatred on the internet. Believe in something until it is proven false.

Anyways, if they fix the few problems Secret Rings had, this shouldn't be a monstrosity. It could actually be cool if Sonic didn't slow down to use the sword and instead slashed while running. That would be neat. I have good feelings about this idea, let's just see how they pull it off.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic and swords worked on Smash Brothers Brawl.
Sonic and the Secret Rings was a step in the right direction.
now their adding swords?
This isnt Sparkster, as much as that was a good game.

Oh well, as long as you can run and slash, it wont be so bad. Though more of the same with some refinment woulda been just fine.
Though less story book crap woulda been nice.
Sonic doesnt need to jump into EVERY book he reads does he?

Well, if he does, maybe he should learn to jump into game cartridges.
Preferably the lock-on type.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
I now think that Sonic is crazier than the Megaman series. Now that I think about it... Hmm...

Megaman- Zero dies multiple times, Megaman comes back as a cyber elf thing, zero & x die again and turn into a rock? etc
Sonic- Shadow needs guns and cars, Sonic needs a sword, Sonic can turn in to a werewolf, No more freaking chao garden, Timetraveling related storyline(I'm starting to hate these) etc

But they're robots, and robots can be rebuilt.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jgu1994 said:
TheWingless said:

But they're robots, and robots can be rebuilt.

But Sonics a robot now too!
And he fights hedghogs!
And robotnik is a walrus!
and tails is a car!
And knuckles is a boat.
And amy is a refrigerator magnet!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm keeping a cautiously optimistic attitude here (unlike all the haters). I'm accepting of the fact that SEGA may change the story and do bold things. They can do that as long as the Gameplay is good. Secret Rings had fun to it and this one might as well.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More Info!
QUOTE said:
- same dev team as Secret Rings

- “This time, a sorceress named Merlina summons Sonic to the mythical realm of King Arthur, but it seems the fabled monarch has somehow been corrupted and now rules the land as the tyranical Black Knight.”

- storybook telling like Secret Rings

- “As Sonic runs along, a simple flick of the Wii remote will execute a basic slash, which is enough to dispatch most low-level grunts.”

- thrust, parry, and buzz-saw-like moves for the sword

- “During our demo, we saw the hedgehog leap from a high precipice, then thrust the blade into a wall to slow his decent, sparks flying impressively as steel cut through brick.”

- “Combat is integrated in such a way that most of the time you can slice through any who stand in your path without even slowing down.”

- Control Sonic via joystick

- “Our hero begins his quest as a mere knave. Only by becoming a full-fledged knight will he have any hope of defeating King Arthur.”

- “his sword, a talking blade named Calibur, serves as a mentor.”

- “If you help civilian townfolk in need of assistance, you’ll earn points toward knighthood. If you smite one of those civilians, your reputation will take a hit.”

- “At the end of each stage, the game tallies your good and not-so-good deeds and updates your rank accordingly.”

- “Sonic can aquire everything from gauntlets to magical tomes to new swords, and when equipped, each article bestows him with a unique benefit.”

- “On the audio side, veteran composer Jen Senoue is taking a smiliar approach, injecting familiar Sonic themes with a Celtic flavor.”

- Magic used to give Sonic extra powers. It looks as if Choas float around Sonic when magic is used

- 200 items, some can be combined with others

- go online to trade items

- Rings no longer appear in computer monitors, but instead, sacks

- skill system from Secret Rings returns, but it will not interrupt the gameplay

- mission structure returns

- “Each stage has multiple branching paths and searching for townsfolk and treasure chests provides an element of exploration that recalls Sonic’s early Genesis days.”

- “The camera will occasionally pan to a side-scrolling perspective for a quick dose of classic 2-D action.”

- “And there will be no dinosaur eggs!”

- ”When people see that Sonic is wielding a sword, they’ll probably have certain expectations of the multiplayer mode. And all I can say is that we’re thinking along those same lines.”

- “Just as they subbed in for such characters as Ali Baba and Aladdin in Sonic and the Secret Rings, a number of familiar faces will assume Arthurian personas in SBK.”

- “This time, however, some of Sonic’s friends will be playable. Each hero will boast unique abilities, and though the team isn’t ready to divulge the full cast just yet, we do know the identities of two playable comrades: Knuckles, who brandishes two swords at once, and Shadow.”

- there will be other characters, but you don’t have to play as them if you don’t want

- “While the old gauges from Secret Rings are gone, a new special gauge will “bestow him with similarly impressive powers. The meter fills gradually whenever Sonic vanquishes an enemy or snags a purple elemental, and when it reaches a certain point you can unleash a powerful combination attack capable of tearing through multiple foes in quick succession. You simply press the B button to lock onto the nearest enemy, flick the remote to strike him down, then press B again to move onto the next unfortunate soul. If you chain together enough smitings before the gauge is depleted, Sonic will receive a speed burst at the end of the string.”

- “the team behind Sonic and the Black Knight is keenly aware of the franchise’s past missteps, and their enthusiasm for doing right by the series is infections.”

From GoNintendo

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
i think most of us have lost all respect for sonic years ago, so really this sword game won't kill sonic, or revive him.
i just don't see why SEGA doesn't go back to a 2D stylized sonic. something like viewtiful joe but a lot faster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr