Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Hits 3DS

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
After endless rumours, SEGA's lifted the lid on Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for Nintendo 3DS.
The racer sees Sonic and friends racing in cars that also transform for aquatic and aerial travel. That might sound a little familiar to Mario Kart 7 veterans, but developer Sumo Digital has assured fans it's very different: you race on the water's surface, not below the waves, for one.
Confirmed characters so far include the usual cast of Sonic characters as well as Golden Axe dwarf Gilius Thunderhead and Vyse from Skies of Arcadia, among others. There's also a Panzer Dragoon stage confirmed, which gets us very excited indeed.
The racer is so far revealed for 3DS but we'd put money on a Wii U version being announced before too long. Expect more details later today.
Interesting I guess, but I have MK7 so I am not sure if I would buy this. I am just hoping for an awesome new theme song by Crush 40 ^_^

Source:
http://www.nintendol...formed_hits_3ds

D

Deleted_171835

And the PS3, Vita and 360.

But why don't they just do a 3DS->Wii port?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And the PS3, Vita and 360.

But why don't they just do a 3DS->Wii port?
Because 3DS haz no processing power lolololol.

Seriously though, I think the second core is still restricted for use and only a few developers that had crucial 3DS games got the necessary update to utilize it. Alternatively the game code was constructed in such a way that porting to the 3DS's architecture would simply be way too much of an effort compared to remaking the whole thing.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I'm still waiting for that Sonic & All-Stars Racing vs Mario Kart...

That...would be awesome!

LldGw.png

Reactions: 3 people

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Its also coming for PS3, 360, PC & PS Vita.

I'll gonna get it for the Vita

Theres also a rumor that its coming for the WiiU also but this version will feature Nintendo characters. Ans thats why is doesnt have the word SEGA on its name.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='TwinRetro']

That image looks... kind of creepy, for some reason.

I've heard the first game was fine, but I'm not a big kart racing fan. Still, it seems a bit of a step backwards to get a character like Sonic and stick him inside an automobile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol