Gaming Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: as good on iPad as it is .. for the 3DS ?

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sonic.all.stars.racing.transformed.ipad.vs.3DS.jpg

Looks like IGN community gave the 3DS version 8.4/10.

Has anyone played both versions ? Do the both offer a satisfactory gameplay experience ?

Do you think Mario Kart 7 would translate well over to iPad ?

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all versions of this game (Don't ask) and imo, the best version is the Pc. Right now this game looks like this - >

PC (Mods) - > Consoles - > Vita = Ipad/Android - > 3DS.

Reactions: osirisjem

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ipad Air.
All versions have the same content (online play, and menus etc...). Only difference is that the 3ds port was badly optimzed. The game has very bad framerate dips and very small resolution. Though if this is the only version that you can get, it does give mario kart a run for its money (Sonic racing is a very fun game).

Sonic All stars racing is very different from Mario kart imo. While they are both on the same genre, Sega managed to not copy and paste mario kart.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The differences between the low-end versions and the high-end versions are apparent - although the content is the same, it can barely be called the same game due to graphics and framerate differences. Unfortunately, as it stands, the 3DS version turns out to be the most "meh" out of the bunch:

3DS:

PSVita:

iPad:

PC:

PS3:

XBox 360:

All-Stars Racing Transformed wasn't released on the DS. ;)

Reactions: osirisjem

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I am after is .... is the gameplay a good experience ? (ie. does the control mechanism feel accurate and responsive ?)

iPad.onscreen.control.sonic.racing.jpg

My experience with Mario Kart Wii is ... the controls feel really natural and responsive.

Is the iPad version not as good as the 3DS joystick ... in terms of the gameplay experience ?

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What do people think ... is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed better than Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS ?

Is it just me or is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed *VERY MUCH* like Mario Kart 7 ?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've, er, playtested the game on an Android tablet, and the result isn't that great... don't have the 3DS version, but do have it on a few others:

PC > 360 (better on my rig, obv results may differ depending on the PC's horsepower) > Vita > Android

Graphically the poorest version of the bunch (possibly equal to Vita but not as smooth/bit glitchy - reviews state the game performs similar on both iOS & Android, and my tablet isn't a slouch), but if you're playing using touchscreen, then eww... Could've tried my android pad on it, but since it looked the worst I didn't bother.
Game as a whole isn't as good as MK7 (no idea what sort of smack GameWinner is on there), neither is it as good as the first Sega All-Stars imo, but certainly one of the great pretenders, and a damn fine game in its own right...

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MK7 is a much better game than any version of Sonic Transformed, though Sonic wins for over-the-top fan service since the game incorporates a staggering array of SEGA titles in some fashion or another.

(I'm an old school SEGA fanboy--Genesis, Dreamcast, and SEGA arcade for life*!--but that doesn't change the fact that Transformed can't hang with Kart.)

That said, to stay semi-OT, the PC rev of Sonic is, far and away, the best and the 3DS is, far and away, the worst, because even though it has actual physical controls--unlike the mobile rev, of course--the frame rate issues basically ruin the entire experience. (I own it on PC, PS3, and 3DS and have played the mobile rev.)

*Yeah, OK, I liked Saturn (as long as you imported heavily) and SMS, too, but they were the low points in Sega's illustrious hardware history.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Transformed is very good and we really should stop sending ourselves with "Mario Kart is always the best!"

It's not, Transformed is a great kart racer that brings original mechanics that Mario Kart has lacked for a while now.

Reactions: Foxi4

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed *VERY MUCH* like Mario Kart 7 ?

They're both mascot kart racers, so, you know, there's bound to be some overlap. Mario Kart isn't the only game in town, you know.

Transformed is very good and we really should stop sending ourselves with "Mario Kart is always the best!"

It's not, Transformed is a great kart racer that brings original mechanics that Mario Kart has lacked for a while now.

Just wait until Naughty Dog returns to their CTR glory days with Unkarted/The Fast of Us. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see.

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

it depends on the platform like the 3ds version is like the vita version of the amazing spiderman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.