Sonic Advance problems

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Maedhros, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Maedhros
    OP

Maedhros GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 26, 2008
    Brazil
    So, I'm defeated by this game. I just don't know why the hell this happen:
    Sonic Advance 1 (E), (U) or (J), or Sonic Advance and Sonic Pinball Party 2 in 1 just don't save after the 5th stage. I tried to SRAM it with GBATA but the same still happens.
    Other problem with this same game: it stop to save after sometime. I tried to play the same stages with the other characters, the game can't save after the 5th time...

The funny thing is that it works normally with VBA. But I want to play it on my DS, not my PC.

Anyone here knows if this is a hardware issue or a ROM issue? Or just software issue (GBAExploader).
    Just in case: I used GBAExploader 0.55, 0.57, 0.58a and 0.58b.
    EDIT: Someone said on other topic from this forum that manually patching it with EZ4 Client worked for him... but not for me. =/
    EDIT2: Confirmed working on VBA, I played until 6th stage, reseted and confirmed. D:

2. unknownworlder

unknownworlder GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2008
    United States
    Maybe its a problem with your card. It shouldn't do that. Maybe something in your 3-in-1 broke while it was shipped. It shouldn't be the software or rom, because the rom works on VBA, so I can only assume its a problem with the 3-in-1. Try returning it and asking for a new one.

3. Maedhros
    OP

Nov 26, 2008
    Brazil
    Yeah, but I'm sure the card is good.
    Because other games work fine with it (Metroid Fusion, for example).
    I'm sure it's just a special case.
    EDIT: But thanks for trying help me.
    What I really need is an oppinion from someone who understands the mechanics of this card and it's loaders.

4. Kaos

Kaos Good show!

Nov 25, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    This also happens to me using two different dumps of Sonic Advance (U). After getting to Zone 4 Act 2 with Sonic the game simply refuses to save anymore.

Both dumps also freeze when I try to "Save and Quit" from the Tiny Chao Garden.

Using GBAExploader with an EZ Flash 3-in-1, but this also happened to me with my old crappy EZF-III GBA flashcart.

Both ROMS are SRAM patched, and the EZ Flash 3-in-1 works fine with other games.

Does anybody have a solution?

5. Maedhros
    OP

Nov 26, 2008
    Brazil
    Maybe is some type of protection... I'm an amateur programmer but I dunno about this...
    No one seems to know the cause (neither care) of this problem.

6. ilman

ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    i have the same problem and i use m3 ds real and gba expansion pack
    i just want to save my chao garden!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice