Sonic Advance problems

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Maedhros, Dec 28, 2008.

Dec 28, 2008

Sonic Advance problems by Maedhros at 6:36 PM (2,004 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Maedhros
    OP

Member Maedhros GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    So, I'm defeated by this game. I just don't know why the hell this happen:
    Sonic Advance 1 (E), (U) or (J), or Sonic Advance and Sonic Pinball Party 2 in 1 just don't save after the 5th stage. I tried to SRAM it with GBATA but the same still happens.
    Other problem with this same game: it stop to save after sometime. I tried to play the same stages with the other characters, the game can't save after the 5th time...

The funny thing is that it works normally with VBA. But I want to play it on my DS, not my PC.

Anyone here knows if this is a hardware issue or a ROM issue? Or just software issue (GBAExploader).
    Just in case: I used GBAExploader 0.55, 0.57, 0.58a and 0.58b.
    EDIT: Someone said on other topic from this forum that manually patching it with EZ4 Client worked for him... but not for me. =/
    EDIT2: Confirmed working on VBA, I played until 6th stage, reseted and confirmed. D:

2. unknownworlder

Member unknownworlder GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Maybe its a problem with your card. It shouldn't do that. Maybe something in your 3-in-1 broke while it was shipped. It shouldn't be the software or rom, because the rom works on VBA, so I can only assume its a problem with the 3-in-1. Try returning it and asking for a new one.

3. Maedhros
    OP

Brazil
    Yeah, but I'm sure the card is good.
    Because other games work fine with it (Metroid Fusion, for example).
    I'm sure it's just a special case.
    EDIT: But thanks for trying help me.
    What I really need is an oppinion from someone who understands the mechanics of this card and it's loaders.

4. Kaos

Member Kaos Good show!

Australia
    This also happens to me using two different dumps of Sonic Advance (U). After getting to Zone 4 Act 2 with Sonic the game simply refuses to save anymore.

Both dumps also freeze when I try to "Save and Quit" from the Tiny Chao Garden.

Using GBAExploader with an EZ Flash 3-in-1, but this also happened to me with my old crappy EZF-III GBA flashcart.

Both ROMS are SRAM patched, and the EZ Flash 3-in-1 works fine with other games.

Does anybody have a solution?

5. Maedhros
    OP

Brazil
    Maybe is some type of protection... I'm an amateur programmer but I dunno about this...
    No one seems to know the cause (neither care) of this problem.

6. ilman

Member ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Bulgaria
    i have the same problem and i use m3 ds real and gba expansion pack
    i just want to save my chao garden!!!