Smklcs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Guys,

My problem is with the Sonic Advance 1. It is exactly as the title says, the game does not save the data after the 5th zone. It also freezes when leaving the mini game of chaos.

To copy it to the sd card, I just used the latest version of EZ Client, available on the official website.

And then friends, is there any solution for this? I really want to play this game and hope for some regards.

I appreciate any response.:)

Edit:
I think I posted this in the wrong place. Can someone move it please? I apologize

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never seen this before, granted Sonic Advance is not the most popular but it is hardly unheard of. A few people did have general saving issues but I never managed to replicate it. You might try patching it with GBATA instead ( http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm -- the sram patcher on that).

Are you using a microSD to miniSD adapter by any chance?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i remember i had some weird issues with this game on my 3in1, like, it wouldn't save, or, everything was unlocked without me doing anything... i forget exactly :)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
from personal experience, sonic advance was notorious for corrupting save data along the way on the original cart.
they evened that out with sonic advance 2 sometimes randomly unlocking everything in the game at once.

if its always happening at the same spot and time, try reloading the game from another website. maybe use the E version if you had the U one or vice versa.

Smklcs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Never seen this before, granted Sonic Advance is not the most popular but it is hardly unheard of. A few people did have general saving issues but I never managed to replicate it. You might try patching it with GBATA instead ( http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm -- the sram patcher on that).

I tried to use the SRAM patch, but nothing changed. First put the patch using this GBATA then used the EZ Client to put the game on the card. Did right?

Are you using a microSD to miniSD adapter by any chance?

Yes use the adapter.

from personal experience, sonic advance was notorious for corrupting save data along the way on the original cart.
they evened that out with sonic advance 2 sometimes randomly unlocking everything in the game at once.

if its always happening at the same spot and time, try reloading the game from another website. maybe use the E version if you had the U one or vice versa.

I use the European version, but from what I've read in other threads this problem should persist regardless of the version used.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, I should have elaborated there.

GBATA and EZClient both do SRAM patches to ROMs, it is a fairly simple affair but not something the GBA or flash cart can easily do itself. Chances are there you wrote GBATA's patch and then EZ4client overwrote it with its patch.

Patch it with GBATA and then copy the resulting file over with a normal file copy (like you would copy to a USB drive or something). Make sure the game has a save file as well (normally I just copy and rename another GBA save file of the appropriate size).

GamerSince83

West Coast Pimpin'
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is only with Sonic Advance 1 and not the other two?

I have all three on my EZ Flash IV never had corruption or freezing problems but like FAST6191 said u might have overwritten with EZ4Client......I'm guessing patched Roms u can just Drag n Drop over and not use the Client ?

Smklcs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry, I should have elaborated there.

GBATA and EZClient both do SRAM patches to ROMs, it is a fairly simple affair but not something the GBA or flash cart can easily do itself. Chances are there you wrote GBATA's patch and then EZ4client overwrote it with its patch.

Patch it with GBATA and then copy the resulting file over with a normal file copy (like you would copy to a USB drive or something). Make sure the game has a save file as well (normally I just copy and rename another GBA save file of the appropriate size).

Ok, even just using the GBATA to apply the patch, then copying and pasting the rom manually to sd card the problem continues.

Jabodie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anybody else having this issue, Sonic Advance + Sonic Pinball Party starts Sonic Advance with all stages unlocked for all characters, including the one you get for collecting the Chaos Emeralds.

After I ran into this same Zone 5 save issue, I just switched over to this version of the game.

Xalusc

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Funny I just ran into this thread, as I was having the same issue on my EZ Flash Omega.

Changing the save type to SRAM seems to have made it work again (no patching to the ROM though, and it was acquired directly from the GBA nointro fullset)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: test what?