Sonic 1 and 2 (2013) for the Nintendo Switch

Sonic 1 and 2 (2013) for the Nintendo Switch

icon_s1.jpg
icon_s2.jpg

Told ya a second port of CD had a purpose... totally.

This port is based off of Rubberduckycooly's decompilation.

If you run into any issues, please check the source repository first; most of the known issues are not exclusive to this port. (Including the lack of a proper title screen.)
Download
https://github.com/heyjoeway/Sonic-1-2-2013-Decompilation/blob/main/README.md

Last edited by Deleted member 418227,

ottos1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else notice that emerald hill's background is too tiny for this port? There is like a consistent blue bar on the bottom of the background

soulcollectivex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I'm doing this wrong, but are the main menus on these ports supposed to be black and white text? I extracted the Data.rsdk file from my installed sonic games on my phone as per instructed.. maybe its just supposed to look that I guess?

Instandhaltung

I feel it. I feel the cosmos!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
with the new 1.3.0 update the games look blurry

You can fix that.
In the folder, there is a settings.ini file. Open the file with notepad and change:

"ScalingMode=X" to "ScalingMode=0" for sharpness (X is probably 1 or 2, i don't know what number you have there)
"WindowScale=2" to "WindowScale=3" for higher resolution menu. Optional, but the menus will look sharper.

Don't forget: You have to fix the .ini file for each game :)

Reactions: mathew77

xHardcoreChildx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it make a difference if I use the free Android app versus the paid app? Some people online are saying the paid version is less glitchy.. is this true? I honesty don't think it would make a difference because I doubt updating to the paid version is going to download new content and override the Data.rsdk. It just removes the linked ads in-game. Please let me know. Thanks.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does it make a difference if I use the free Android app versus the paid app? Some people online are saying the paid version is less glitchy.. is this true? I honesty don't think it would make a difference because I doubt updating to the paid version is going to download new content and override the Data.rsdk. It just removes the linked ads in-game. Please let me know. Thanks.

It shouldn't make a difference if you extract the data.rsdk files from a free or a premium version of Sonic 1 / Sonic 2 / Sonic CD Android, the data is probably the same.
What differs between the Android apps is how they serve the content from that package, like how they serve you ads or not.

pearlfect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know if mods are supported with these versions? I can get them to show up in the list on the dev menu but actually setting them to active doesn't seem to do anything, not sure if it's me or the ports.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Anyone know if mods are supported with these versions? I can get them to show up in the list on the dev menu but actually setting them to active doesn't seem to do anything, not sure if it's me or the ports.

As far as I know only the PC versions can be modded.

AlmondMilk12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
recently i found a way to, im not sure if theres an easier way out there at the moment or not

1. Download RetroED (I cant post links yet since i literally just made an account to share this, you can find it on google if you search "retroed github")
2. Open "Ducky's RSDK Unpacker.exe"
3. Click "Select Data File"
4. In the search window change the format to "RSDKvB Data Files" and open the Data.rsdk of whichever game you'd like to mod
5. Click "Extract Data File" and extract it to where ever youd like on your computer (these will only be needed temporarily), this should create a "Data" folder where you picked along with a couple other folders you wont be needing
6. Get your mod and find its "Data" folder and merge it with the one you have just extracted.
7. On the unpacker app you will next need to click on the "Select Folder" button at the bottom, when prompted to select rsdk version use RSDKvB, then click on your merged Data folder.
8. Click "Build Data File" and choose where to put your new rsdk file (the app crashed for me when i tried placing it directly onto my sd card so i usually place it on the desktop), make sure when creating the file that it is in the "RSDKvB Data Files" format otherwise it will not work.
9. Rename it to Data.rsdk if it wasn't that already and then place it back in your s12013 or s22013 folder.
10. (I'm not entirely certain if this part is necessary but my mods came with a "Scripts" folder, I placed them in the same directory as my Data.rsdk just in case.)

It should work then. I've managed to get Sonic 1 Forever with the expansion pack working and Sonic 2 Absolute, you still need to go through the original menus first and click a save but it opens as it normally would right after that. They can crash on occasion but still fully playable as far as I've made it.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_5458.jpg
    IMG_5458.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5459.jpg
    IMG_5459.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
Reactions: Kaethela

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody have a working forwarder for Sonic 2? I tried the link posted by @Shrinefox and for some reason that's the only one that's not working for me, also tried these but no luck:
https://gbatemp.net/download/sonic-1-and-2-2013-for-the-nintendo-switch-forwarder.36900/
https://gbatemp.net/download/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-forwarder.36915/

[EDIT]

Nevermind, I made my own forwarder and got it to work, I'm attaching it in case anyone wants it, the path it looks for is: /switch/s22013/s22013.nro

Attachments

• Sonic the Hedgehog 2 [010ed0595a680000].zip
    337.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by tmnr1992,

deejay87

Trophies
Website
deejay87.fr
XP
Country
France
Does anybody have a working forwarder for Sonic 2? I tried the link posted by @Shrinefox and for some reason that's the only one that's not working for me, also tried these but no luck:
https://gbatemp.net/download/sonic-1-and-2-2013-for-the-nintendo-switch-forwarder.36900/
https://gbatemp.net/download/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-forwarder.36915/

[EDIT]

Nevermind, I made my own forwarder and got it to work, I'm attaching it in case anyone wants it, the path it looks for is: /switch/s22013/s22013.nro
All can create one here :)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsp-for...ol-to-create-nro-retroarch-forwarders.630368/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1