Sonic '06 has randomly reappeared on the Xbox 360 digital store after 12 years of being delisted

jopsdfjklfjklsd.png

SEGA's bringing back a true classic: no, not the Genesis titles that will be out next month in the Sonic Origins collection, but rather, Sonic the Hedgehog, the infamous 2006 3D platformer for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The digital copy of the game was delisted by SEGA in 2010, following the brand stating that they were removing "average" Sonic titles from digital platforms, in order to increase the value of the brand, in some of its darkest days. If you've ever lamented missing out on picking up the game on XBLA all those years ago, worry not, as the game has mysteriously returned.

The Xbox Marketplace is offering Sonic '06 for $4.99, specifically for the Xbox 360, as the game is not backwards compatible with the Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S. It also follows upon and reverses SEGA's recent trend in taking down older games from digital stores, whether it was the retro releases of the 16-bit era games on 360/Steam/PS3, or all of their PS3 games from the PlayStation Now service. Currently, there is no official word from either Microsoft or SEGA as to why the game has returned to the XBLA.

:arrow: Source

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funnily enough, the game runs really well on Xenia, minus a few graphical hiccups here and there that you can just refresh on the go. And dare I say, the stable framerate makes that game almost enjoyable ? Not having to deal with slowdowns and half a minute long loading screens everywhere really improves the experience.
Now don't get me wrong, it's still an awful game, but it's a lot more playable on emulator than it is on original hardware.
Then there's still hope for performance & visual improvements after all!

Reactions: godreborn

NicolkTheGr8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the power of SSD’s and the Velocity Architecture those things will be a thing of the past, have faith! :lol: In all seriousness though, I have very fond memories with this game. My better half and I have bought it a grand total of… 6 times, I think. I honestly wouldn’t mind giving it another spin, and if it can look better and be slightly less irritating then that’s bonus nachos for me.
I’ve heard a lot about the game and it seems kinda fun to play with some of the bugs and other glitches IMO

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember always hearing this game was so bad that I had to buy a used copy acouple of years ago to try out myself. Honestly they worse part of the game is the city. Of that was cut and just had the levels, I don't think it would have been as bad.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
4K 120FPS Series X-enhanced version, please - I still have *multiple* copies of this game and I’d love to see it made Backwards Compatible with some of the various modern Xbox features. I want to slowly go insane in style! :lol:
They could rather port it to the PC and allow the community to fix it. More so even, admit they screw up bad and just release the source code.

SDA

".bmob mota ruoy htiw flesruoy kcuf og yeH"
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No seriously. This is one of the worst games ever made. Should have NEVER seen the light of day even back in 2006.

I will never forgive Sega now that they have put this abomination back in stock.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I was trying to buy the game due to how bad it is. haha, I wanted to grab it before it was delisted again. unfortunately, it's not a bc title.

And while Xbox emulation is a thing, 360 emulation is not. However you could emulate the PS3 version in your PC.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didn't Sega dmca Project 06 recently? (which they rarely do unless the game was in poor taste) could be connected i sure hope they fix that bug infested game on top of a remaster imo (hate me if you will) I sort of enjoyed the story (minus the bugs)

Reactions: fiberopticblue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nutella gotta buy store brand times are rough