Song of the Deep announced from Insomniac Games

Today Insomniac Games announced their latest title, a Metroidvania style action adventure; Song of the Deep.

The game will also be published by Gamestop

Checkout the reveal trailer below:

---Original Post---

What's next for Insomniac Games? Well, according to the video they uploaded today, they'll announce their latest game on January 28th, at 8:30AM CT. The teaser shows detailed 2D art of underwater locations, and ends with "Dive Deeper".

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So basically there is no reason why this shouldn't also be released on the Wii U...
Insomniac Games hasn't released any titles on any Nintendo platform, I doubt they'll start now. Especially when the Wii U is a dying, if not already dead, console with a successor most likely a year away.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn I was too slow to be the first to make a snide remark about an entirely underwater game being a fantastic idea.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh, won't be a game for me. Underwater levels freak me out, giving me very claustrophobic feelings... Apart from that I don't mind them actually, if they're made well. (Super Mario World has good ones, for example).

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Song of the Deep. Underwater metroidvania-style action-adventure out for PC and consoles this summer.

Looks alright. In terms of Metroidvanias I still have Axiom Verge and my free copy of Shadow Complex to play. Galak-Z probably has pretty similar controls, too, and I prefer the action-roguelike style of it. Plus space > underwater.

Maybe I'll buy it when it's on sale for $5 or less, but I don't like that Gamestop is publishing stuff now.

Last edited by Xzi,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The video gave me a kind of amiga shmup but done in 2016 feeling, I could have fun with that if done well.
Then again I said the same about beat em ups and I still have to go back to streets of rage rather than find something on XBLA.

Reactions: Muffins

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could do better than that. I've thrown together a basic 3D platformer engine... but whatever floats their sub. I'm staying on the shore for this one. (Also, published by gamestop, what?)

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game looks right up my alley!
and for $15 you can't beat that!
Will download for our Xbox One the day it comes out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users