son got a new dsi-how simple is it to use the supercard dstwo?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by jessicarabbit, Jul 23, 2010.

1. jessicarabbit
    OP

Newcomer jessicarabbit Advanced Member

United States
    He has a cyclo ds for his old ds (which is now smashed and sent away thanks to me). He got a dsi today so I need to order him a new flash cart. I think I've decided on the DStwo but how much trouble will it be to transfer his cyclo ds save files? Does the firmware (or whatever other files are necessary) take up more room than the cyclo ds firmware/files did? His sd card is nearly full. Also what about moonshell? thanks! I've been doing searches and reading but my mind is fried right now with all the information.

2. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    It shouldn't be a problem. You will probably have to convert the CycloDS save files, but other than that just so long as they are named the same as the ROM (but with a .sav) extension the DSTwo will pick them up.

I'm not sure what you're asking about Moonshell (the original or Moonshell 2?) but Moonshell 2 works better on my DSTwo than it has on any other cart I've tried. The DSTwo seems to be really really fast as far as reading/writing, at least in my experience.

3. L551

Member L551 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    IIRC, Cyclo and DSTWO use the same .sav filetype, so his saved games will be fine. Yes, the DSTWO's firmware will take up more space. This is because their firmware is to be on the MSD card itself, and CycloDS's was flashed. Moonshell works fine, their firmware comes with it, I think.

DSTWO works fine on any current DS/DSi.

4. jessicarabbit
    OP

Newcomer jessicarabbit Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks all. He'll have to take off some games then-I'm not buying yet another micro sd when I have to get a regular sd for the DSi (for the pictures) a new nerf cover, a new flash cart, etc. That kid better do some major chores around here.

5. Gara

Newcomer Gara Member

United States
    Hehe did you smash his old DS? I too moved from a cyclods though. All you really need to do is extract the DSTWO OS onto your existing microsdhc and you're good to go, all the saves work fine. It isn't big (50 megs or so?) so he shouldn't have to delete much to fit it. Make sure to grab him the cheat database if thats important to him as well.