Hacking Sometimes I get random DRE's is it my media?

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing Bully: Scholarship Edition, and DeBlob a few days ago, and after playing for a good while (about 3 hours on Bully and hour on de blob) I am met with a DRE. Its weird, these are NEWLY burned, and been kept in casings to prevent scratching and other wear and tear. Could it be my media, I'm using Memorex DVD-R. It also might be my Wii is dusty because our house was filled with smoke after burning a hotpocket and could have gotten in to the Wii Drive? Its not my installation, thats for sure. Its perfect.

Anyone have bad experience with Memorex media or a similar problem?

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sucks because I just got my 100pk of Memorex DVDs in the mail, and I don't feel like going out to buy Verbatim as I have a 100pk waiting for me here. I played Bully again for a good 3 hours and no DRE, its not common but it happens everyonce in a while, and it sucks because sometimes I'll forget to save and lose some work or I'll start deBlob and after 20 minutes it'll DRE, next time it won't DRE at all, its unpredictable.

I'll see if I can get some friends to loan me a Verbatim and see if I get the problem.

Thanks for the tip.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
both the launchers/loaders and drivechips are foreign to the wii AND imperfect creations

you will get DRE's once in while, even with a completely unmoddified wii with commercial discs

especially if you play your wii a lot
more especially if you have pets or smokers in your house
and definitely after having a smoke filled house
dont go buy more media,
dont try to clean your laser yet

you can just gently blow in all the openings, and deal with the occasional dre
dont spit in the openings whilst blowing.

occam's razor

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ah okey... I get that too. then and then... I got Verbatims.

For instance is games like SSBB or Mario Galaxy bitches sometime. But most offen I can just eject the dvd and put it back in again and it loads.

Do the "NES way", gentleblow in the Wiis disctray and blow some dust out. Works sometimes when I have let the wii be for like 1 month.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm