Something wrong with my DS =/

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Kezane, Dec 30, 2006.

Dec 30, 2006

Something wrong with my DS =/ by Kezane at 7:13 AM (764 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Kezane
    OP

Newcomer Kezane Advanced Member

I think my battery is spoilt [​IMG] DSLite btw

In charging mode, it the light stays red for a time, then turns green (as is expected). However, while charging, I am entirely unable to turn the DS on; absolutely no reaction when the power button is pushed up.

When not in charging mode, when I push the power button, the screen turns on for a split second then it goes off again.

So is it a battery problem?

2. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Do this test: Remove the battery and plug in the charger. What reaction do you get now? Try to turn it on. If it doesn't turn on then you probably have a burned fuse. I have no idea how to fix this, but if its still under the 1 year warranty(which it should since the DSL hasn't been out for a year yet) you can get nintendo to fix it. Just go over to the website here.

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The light isn't supposed to be red or green when charging. That light should be off(unless the DS is turned on). The orange light should turn on when you plug the power cable in, and turn off when the charging is done.

I have no idea about why the DS won't turn on while charging, it shouldn't need any battery power with the power cable plugged in.

4. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    I thought only the Phats could run on AC adapter?

5. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just tried it and you are correct. I didn't know that. Hmm.. don't know what to say then. But from the looks of it, its a burned fuse.

6. Firon

Member Firon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The Lite can too.

7. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    Well, cornaljoe just tried and said he can't, and I'm not going to risk trying it since I don't want to lose my WiFi settings, dates, etc, haha.