Something weird happened in the upper screen in my NEW3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Bros.Life, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Bros.Life
    OP

Bros.Life GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    Hi Guys.

First, I'm the kind of guy that realizes even the small details in my things. So, an hour ago I turned on my 3DS as I normally I do. I use EmuNand with Luma CFW. When it got in the CTR bootscreen, I saw the borders in the upperscreen kind of shaking. It was just a little bit. I ignored and I opened the Pokemon Sun. When the game started and I loaded my save, I saw a line next to the bottom of the screen, and the
    side edges were shaking a little bit.

I shut down the device, and I turned on again. The same thing happened. I almost started to cry, because I found my upper screen was getting broken.

I decide to shut down and started SysNand. Nothing happened. It seemed everything was fine.

I went do EmuNand again and then started Pokemon and no problem. Everything normal. No line at the botton.

When the issue happened, I think the 3D was on. I don't remember. But I remember to switch on and off when the issue was happening and nothing changed.

I just wanna ask you guys if something similar already happened with some of you. I'm worried this could be a real issue in my screen, and those things in my country it's a big pain. Probably it's gonna be expensive and hard to find some to place to repair it. Or, this could be just a bug. I don't know.

Thanks anyway.

2. coinblock

coinblock GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2015
    This issue has happened to others before, there's a thread about it here. Same thing happened to me a while ago, removing the battery from my N3DS XL and leaving it out for a little while solved the problem.

3. Bros.Life
    OP

Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    Thank you so much for your reply. I'm gonna take a look in this thread. Also, if this issue happens again I will do your advice.

4. Stjinchan

Stjinchan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2016
    Netherlands
    Monte 'd Or
    The same happened to me last night as well, I removed the battery for a good 30 minutes and it looks like it solved the problem. I hope this never, ever happens again since I don't want to replace my n3dsxl

5. Bros.Life
    OP

Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    Remove the battery seems to solve the problem. However, this happened again with me, at least 2 times more.

6. Stjinchan

Stjinchan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2016
    Netherlands
    Monte 'd Or
    Mmm, Let's hope its a one-time bug for me :ohnoes:

7. Stjinchan

Stjinchan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2016
    Netherlands
    Monte 'd Or
    And there is it again, flickering number 2

I see a sort of pattern in this since it happened on the same way as before.

I was in the hblauncher (gridlauncher for me) opened a title from there, got stuck on black screen. Held down the power button rebooted and bam, there was the flickering again...