Homebrew Something Scary And Creepy Happened To My 3DS. THE SYSTEM SETTINGS WONT EVEN BOOT!!! >:(

SnackyZackyCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I was going to my System Settings to transfer my CIA stuff and all of a sudden... I CAN'T BOOT THE SYSTEM SETTINGS!!! :hateit: :angry: I can't even boot Luma or GodMode9. Here's my video for it. Someone help. Is my console bricked or something???

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So I was going to my System Settings to transfer my CIA stuff and all of a sudden... I CAN'T BOOT THE SYSTEM SETTINGS!!! :hateit: :angry: I can't even boot Luma or GodMode9. Here's my video for it. Someone help. Is my console bricked or something???

Go to Luma Settings, then turn ARM exceptions on so you can actually see what went wrong, but my guess is that you deleted one of the red titles on FBI so the system crashes when it doesn't find the file. Boot into recovery mode and update to see if it fixes it.

SnackyZackyCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Go to Luma Settings, then turn ARM exceptions on so you can actually see what went wrong, but my guess is that you deleted one of the red titles on FBI so the system crashes when it doesn't find the file. Boot into recovery mode and update to see if it fixes it.
I can't boot Luma Settings. It still has the same pop-up that the System Settings did.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I can't boot Luma Settings. It still has the same pop-up that the System Settings did.
Do you HAVE Luma to begin with? Only reason why you can't boot Luma Settings is that either B9S/A9LH or Luma itself is missing...

SnackyZackyCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you HAVE Luma to begin with? Only reason why you can't boot Luma Settings is that either B9S/A9LH or Luma itself is missing...
Oh yeah, it's deleted... Am I in trouble now??? :l Because I deleted the luma CIA, thinking it will be easier booting it by holding the SELECT button during startup.

SnackyZackyCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh yeah, it's deleted... Am I in trouble now??? :l Because I deleted the luma CIA, thinking it will be easier booting it by holding the SELECT button during startup.
And why did I say that Luma has the same pop-up that System Settings did when I deleteted Luma in the first place? Im so dumb.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And why did I say that Luma has the same pop-up that System Settings did when I deleteted Luma in the first place? Im so dumb.
Oh, and it's my second day that I'm still arguing about System Settings not booting. I see other threads saying you need the Gateway website for Internet Browser. Is that the best method or is there a better method than that? Or else I'll have to waste a lot of my money for the New 2DS XL.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Oh my friggin god. Back up your SD Card, Get a NTR-Boot compatible NDS Flashcart, then do NTR-Boot to install Boot9Strap, then put the latest version of Luma3DS on your SD Card, and do the same with GodMode9. Then, after all that is done, reboot your 3DS, and if you DON'T see the Luma Config menu, Force your 3DS to shut Off, power it on again, this time holding SELECT. Then, make sure that the ARM Exceptions option is enabled. Turn off your 3DS, then power it on again while holding [L], [R], (A), and [+UP] (+ is the D-Pad) This should take you into the Recovery Menu, which is built into ALL 3DS Systems, H'Brew'd or not. From there, you should be able to perform a system update, which should restore any missing System titles, even the ones on TWLNand! If that don't work, then I hope to heck it's a 2DS or New 3DS so you can send it to ninty.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
You didn't delete Luma, you deleted Luma Updater. Do you have boot.firm on the root of your SD Card?

Reactions: E1ite007 and ThoD

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you by chance run an uninstall script in GodMode9?

Search for signs of custom firmware:
  • Hold (Select) while turning on→ Should open Luma settings
  • Hold (Start) while turning on→ Should open GodMode9 or chainloader menu if more than one payload is present
  • Press (L)+(Down)+(Select) in the Home Menu → Should bring up Rosalina menu
  • Are there any non-legit titles installed? Homebrew Launcher, Emulators, TWiLight Menu++, Virtual Console injections or official games not obtained from the eShop? Can you start a non-legit title or does it say "The software title could not be launched. Please download it again from the Nintendo eShop."?
See also: Console settings not starting after uninstalling Luma3DS

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

SnackyZackyCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you by chance run an uninstall script in GodMode9?

Search for signs of custom firmware:
  • Hold (Select) while turning on→ Should open Luma settings
  • Hold (Select) while turning on→ Should open GodMode9 or chainloader menu if more than one payload is present
  • Press (L)+(Down)+(Select) in the Home Menu → Should bring up Rosalina menu
  • Are there any non-legit titles installed? Homebrew Launcher, Emulators, TWiLight Menu++, Virtual Console injections or official games not obtained from the eShop? Can you start a non-legit title or does it say "The software title could not be launched. Please download it again from the Nintendo eShop."?
See also: Console settings not starting after uninstalling Luma3DS
I tried all of them and they wont work. I swear I installed all of them.

Last edited by SnackyZackyCool,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried all of them and they wont work. I swear I installed all of them.
Seems like the custom firmware is gone. If you had B9S, I do not know any way how this could have happened by accident (uninstall script or manually copying native firm on the firm partitions or booting native firm followed by running the official updater).

If you can download the free game Pokemon Picross (or for the older method Steel Diver: Sub Wars) from the eShop you might be able to reinstall B9S with software only (see my post in the other thread with crashing System Settings after removing CFW). But if you get this result:
There’s not only the setting app that won’t open
When i search a game on the eshop it crashes and when i want to create a mii, it crashes
well… If all else fails use fire ntrboot.

SnackyZackyCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Seems like the custom firmware is gone. If you had B9S, I do not know any way how this could have happened by accident (uninstall script or manually copying native firm on the firm partitions or booting native firm followed by running the official updater).

If you can download the free game Pokemon Picross (or for the older method Steel Diver: Sub Wars) from the eShop you might be able to reinstall B9S with software only (see my post in the other thread with crashing System Settings after removing CFW). But if you get this result:

well… If all else fails use fire ntrboot.
I can't download them because I can't link my nintendo network. If you saw one of my other comments, It says that I can't use the keyboard either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...