Gaming Something odd happened after 1.9g update

leocamilo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, please someone help me. I was desperately trying to update my wiikey to play SMG, but everytime I only got a "error: please check your connections and try again" message. So I searched a few forums and some guy told me that there was a "trick" to get it to update - the eject trick. The flashing test went fine, but in the time of the actual update, I didn't know I had to eject the disk again, so I left it inside the wii and at the end another error message appeared telling me to look in the readme file a way to recover my wii. I rebooted it, put mario galaxy and still get the 001 error, but all my other backup games work fine. Is this supposed to happen? I burned the recovery disc fo 1.9b and did what they told in the readme file and left it for 3 minutes in my wii after that.
Other thing I'd like to ask you is for your help how can I get this update to work... Before and after what happened what I described, I've been desperately trying all ways I've read. I burned the update disc in 2x with a maxell DVD-RW, boot it directly in my wii without GCOS, I get to the girl's ass screen, and if I leave the disc, I get the error msg, if I eject the disc twice, the update goes fine but I still get the error 001 message. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but after I updated my wii using the double eject trick, when it said to 'reboot galaxy', instead of pressing power I pressed reset and then I heard some non-understandable voice and my wii rebooted alone.
PLEASE help... Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I forgot to tell ou that I burned the update in the 'normal' way, without using file chopper or anything like that, just went to IMGburn, chose bootdisc.us.iso and burned it. My wii is NTSC.

leocamilo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What?!?!
unsure.gif

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The game costs the same as what I pay for my private school where I live, That's why I don't buy the game.

leocamilo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in Brazil.
In fact, I'm brazilian. (E ae mdkk!! conseguisse jogar o SMG??)
But let's keep to the subject, shall we? Please, I'm not looking for advice if I should buy the game or not.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strange. quite a few people seem to be having this problem. maybe the 1.9g isn't being applied.

what if you download the 1.9b disc and try to flash that. then try the 1.9g. At the very least, the modchip isn't toast since old games still work and smg at least gives you 001 instead of just not being recognized.

Have you checked your connections? I find it really strange that it'd say that. Maybe it's a clone. What if you run the 1.3 config disc and just hit save with the default settings?

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've got the exact same error as leocamilo with both 1.9g and 1.9b... so the problem is probably not with the 1.9g update, it is with our chips... this week I''m going to the guy who sold it to me and I'm asking him to open it so I can see whats the chip that is inside... I really think it's not a wiikey or wiikey clone... it was a scam I guess...
(nem consegui leo xP vo la ver se meu chip eh wiikey msm... qse certeza q n eh... tentei uns 15 dvd diferente e nenhum deu... vo la no cara manda ele abrir na minha frente... e se nao for ele vao ter q troca xP padrasto federal rlz ^^)

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the 'eject trick' works with every chip, even the wiinja v1 or something. (which is not possible to flash)

the test has to succeed without error, then mario will work fine.
if you want i can send you wiikey with 1.9g firmware already on it, but you still need to solder it in the wii yourself.

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
already tried the eject trick... update goes to 100% and all but still getting the 001 error from smg.

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll repeat myself again... the "eject trick" only trick the update software... it DOESN'T flash anything... thats why you can "fake flash" any modchip with the wiikey update disc...

note :
Fake Flash : display a screen with a progress of flashing... but don't write any byte in the modchip microcontroller nor anything present on the PCB of the said modchip.

Doesn't : Negation... eg : My dog doesn't like banane .... mean : My dog think that banana are not tasting good

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans