Something is wrong with my wireless card...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Harsky, Jan 10, 2007.

Jan 10, 2007
  1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Up until now, I've been using a Netgear WG111V2 USB adapter to connect online on my laptop. But the downside is that it's badly designed and when I plug it into the back of my laptop, it blocks the other USB port beside it. So I decided to order a WG511V2 PC card from ebay to put into the card slot that my PC has. It arrived today and I ran the set up disk and then, when it prompted me to slot in the PC card..... nothing. The lights on the card wasn't responding and yes, I uninstalled the previous Netgear software before it. I'm not sure what's wrong. Could be a chance that there's something wrong with the actual card (don't want to return it. Seller is in Hong Kong) or with my laptop's cardbus slot. Either way, if things gets really desperate, I'm thinking of going to my local electrical store, buy the same card and then go back the next day to ask for a refund on the one I bought from ebay.

2. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Never mind. I guess the problem is the card itself as I tried it out on my sister's laptop and that also failed.