Hacking Something Is Going On With My DSTwo Flashcard...

John_Enigma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is been a while since my Supercard DSTwo has been...

...functioning in the most strangest way possible on my old Nintendo 3DS. Seriously, I don't know what the h is going on.

To summarize the symptoms the card has been getting on my ol' 3DS, here are few of them:
  1. Whenever I insert the card on my 3DS, the home menu never shows up.
  2. When I turn my 3DS on normally, with nothing inserted, and try to insert the SCDS2 card, nothing shows up. And not only that: even if the icon is not shown, and I try to move on all directions, the home menu freezes. I repeat, THE HOME MENU FREEZES.
  3. Whenever the icon would show up on rare occasions sometimes, ^the home menu would still freeze.^
  4. And on one extremely rare occasion (because it happened to me this one time), whenever my SCDS2 would boot, I would get this message that my micro SD card "has been ejected" or "is not inserted". Which is weirdly ironic because the micro SD card is still there.

Those are the things that are happening to my SCDS2 and my ol' 3DS. If you guys can help me with these situations, I would appreciate it greatly.

Seriously, I'm anxious on playing my DSTwo again.

And one more thing before I forget: I'm using the latest firmware, the latest EOS, the latest everything. So you can cross that out.

sieroi

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had similar issues. Works fine most of the time, but it does seem a little... unstable?

ChaoticGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Whenever I insert the card on my 3DS, the home menu never shows up.
  2. When I turn my 3DS on normally, with nothing inserted, and try to insert the SCDS2 card, nothing shows up. And not only that: even if the icon is not shown, and I try to move on all directions, the home menu freezes. I repeat, THE HOME MENU FREEZES.
  3. Whenever the icon would show up on rare occasions sometimes, ^the home menu would still freeze.^
  4. And on one extremely rare occasion (because it happened to me this one time), whenever my SCDS2 would boot, I would get this message that my micro SD card "has been ejected" or "is not inserted". Which is weirdly ironic because the micro SD card is still there.
Hearing all these, it isn't your SCDS2 that is causing the problem. All the problems are coming from it reading the microsd card. What kind of microsd card do you have?
Also since the SCDS2 is kind of thick, are you sure you are inserting it all the way?
It is also probably a contact error with the microsd card. Make sure you cleaned all the slots with compressed air.

John_Enigma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What kind of microsd card do you have?
Also since the SCDS2 is kind of thick, are you sure you are inserting it all the way?
It is also probably a contact error with the microsd card. Make sure you cleaned all the slots with compressed air.
My memory card is a Sandisk 32 Gb Micro SDHC (4).

And yes, I'm inserting it the right way.

Btw, what do you mean by compressed air?

John_Enigma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I mean things like this. They are really cheap and can probably help fix the problem.
And if you are inserting it all the way, then it is probably has to do with the microsd card. Maybe it got corrupted somehow.
Why don't I just clean the contacts of the memory card with rubbing alcohol and some cotton swabs?

I already did it with the flash card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)