Something is dumping a lot of stuff on my tablet and clogging up the internal memory

Discussion in 'Android' started by smileyhead, Oct 30, 2018.

1. smileyhead
    OP

smileyhead Boo.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    It's been months since I've noticed this and I've been deleting the files regularly, but I think it's time to do something about it.
    Something's dumping stuff, mostly the audio of YouTube videos I watch to a folder called 'mtklog' and the files are really clogging up the already pretty small 8GB of internal memory. These files usually range from 50MB-1.5GB and are mostly in the 500MB-1GB range.

Screenshot_20181030-122224.png

I don't know how related this is, but it also has to do with YouTube. The videos I watch get looked up on Google under my account automatically and this shows up on My Activity and in Search Suggestions. Interestingly, these only happen to videos I watch on my tablet through the YouTube app.

upload_2018-10-30_12-34-15.png

Is this a virus? I haven't been to any shady websites. Is it some of ASUS' bullshit (it's an ASUS tablet)? I honestly have no idea.

2. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    It’s just mobile logging, safe to delete.

3. smileyhead
    OP

smileyhead Boo.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    I have been deleting it for months, but is there a way to disable it? I'm tired of having to manually go and delete it every week or so when the system starts whining about low storage.

4. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    What about making the folder read only? Doubt it’ll work but it’s not a bad idea to try :ha:

5. smileyhead
    OP

smileyhead Boo.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    No can do.

upload_2018-10-30_12-57-39.png

6. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
  7. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    That’s... not normal.. maybe you could download an app to check what’s in RAM, delete all of your audio, and watch some YouTube while you’re examining what apps are taking cpu and ram power, if you see one that’s not normal then you can ask here

8. smileyhead
    OP

smileyhead Boo.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
  9. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    smileyhead likes this.