Hacking Something is corrupting my Wii and GC games

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I don't understand this part. Did you not said before that it's best to have emunand on SD?
And with WFL on SD and Nintendont games on HDD, how can it not write GC saves to HDD if it's coded that way?
yes i guess i did say that. what i meant was having emunand on USB scares me. i have had issues with files getting corrupted in the past (3 or 4 years ago) being related to me messing around with emunands and wiiflow. and a user recently reported that when he used wiiflow to dump his nand it wiped his usb drive (although unproven).
I haven't had any issues with my emunand on usb since. so hopefully everything is fine now. and like i said it should be the cIOS that's controlling the reading/writing to emunand. wiiflow only writes to emunand for dumping the nand, dumping saves, copying sysconfig and miis to emunand, and installing wads.

gc saves are written to USB HDD if your gc games are on USB HDD. so ya i shouldn't say the usb HDD is read only. just that with apps/wiiflow and the wiiflow settings folder on SD then wiiflow hardly ever writes to USB HDD.

wiixplorer is good. but i have screwed up wiiflow_lite.ini once while using wiixplorer. no proof though that it was to blame. so i always try to stick with ini editing on my pc.

glad your freezing issues is gone. I wonder why it only did it with wfl on USB?

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes i guess i did say that. what i meant was having emunand on USB scares me. i have had issues with files getting corrupted in the past (3 or 4 years ago) being related to me messing around with emunands and wiiflow. and a user recently reported that when he used wiiflow to dump his nand it wiped his usb drive (although unproven).
I haven't had any issues with my emunand on usb since. so hopefully everything is fine now. and like i said it should be the cIOS that's controlling the reading/writing to emunand. wiiflow only writes to emunand for dumping the nand, dumping saves, copying sysconfig and miis to emunand, and installing wads.

gc saves are written to USB HDD if your gc games are on USB HDD. so ya i shouldn't say the usb HDD is read only. just that with apps/wiiflow and the wiiflow settings folder on SD then wiiflow hardly ever writes to USB HDD.

wiixplorer is good. but i have screwed up wiiflow_lite.ini once while using wiixplorer. no proof though that it was to blame. so i always try to stick with ini editing on my pc.

glad your freezing issues is gone. I wonder why it only did it with wfl on USB?
Who knows. One thing I did notice, though, is that while copying the usb:/wiiflow folder on SD with my pc, there were error messages regarding two png files from the themes_lite folder that were corrupted and couldn't be copied.

I have one last question: in the plugins ini files, is it possible to have the dol path on SD and the romfolder on USB? I'm asking this because I moved the whole usb:/wiiflow folder on SD, but there's no more space on SD to fit all the roms. The problem are CD games, the MegaCD and PC engine CD games alone are 36Gb!
I tried this: in WFL's partition settings I specified SD for plugins, and in the plugins ini files I had set romdir=usb1:/path/to/my_games but games aren't showing in WFL. Using full path for dols too didn't help either.
Do roms and dol's need to be on the same storage device?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who knows. One thing I did notice, though, is that while copying the usb:/wiiflow folder on SD with my pc, there were error messages regarding two png files from the themes_lite folder that were corrupted and couldn't be copied.

I have one last question: in the plugins ini files, is it possible to have the dol path on SD and the romfolder on USB? I'm asking this because I moved the whole usb:/wiiflow folder on SD, but there's no more space on SD to fit all the roms. The problem are CD games, the MegaCD and PC engine CD games alone are 36Gb!
I tried this: in WFL's partition settings I specified SD for plugins, and in the plugins ini files I had set romdir=usb1:/path/to/my_games but games aren't showing in WFL. Using full path for dols too didn't help either.
Do roms and dol's need to be on the same storage device?
add to the plugin ini rompartition=x where x is 0 for sd and 1,2,3 for usb partitions.

Reactions: Hakaisha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol