ROM Hack Someone who knows something about mobiclip-format?

DJPlayer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys,
After some years, I heard nothing about the mobiclip-format and I really want to use a video (3d if possible) for a opening scene in a Homebrewgame I'm working on.
I really want to make a own mobiclip video which can be used in homebrews like there mobiclip-videos of other games like Fire Emblem or something like this.
Does anyone know if there's already a way to convert videos into the needed format or playing Videos in homebrews?

D

Deleted User

Not much is known about the MobiClip video format, and it's pretty heavily protected in most DS games' SDK, I don't think it's compatible with the 3DS or 3D video.
3DS games use different formats for cutscenes, etc, and with homebrew, sometimes you can implement common formats such as MP4 or AVI.

DJPlayer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not much is known about the MobiClip video format, and it's pretty heavily protected in most DS games' SDK, I don't think it's compatible with the 3DS or 3D video.
3DS games use different formats for cutscenes, etc, and with homebrew, sometimes you can implement common formats such as MP4 or AVI.

Are you sure that MP4 and/or Avi-formats would work as "Opening-Scene" (which can be skipped) in a Homebrew? Not sure about this yet

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Retail 3DS games use Mobiclip, but there's no reason you can't use something else in a homebrew.

Are you sure that MP4 and/or Avi-formats would work as "Opening-Scene" (which can be skipped) in a Homebrew? Not sure about this yet
You'd have to include a MP4/DivX decoder in your homebrew, I think. The 3DS video player plays MJPEG in an .avi container so there must be some API available to play that format.

D

Deleted User

Retail 3DS games use Mobiclip, but there's no reason you can't use something else in a homebrew.

You'd have to include a MP4/DivX decoder in your homebrew, I think. The 3DS video player plays MJPEG in an .avi container so there must be some API available to play that format.

I thought Mobiclip was dead?

That's what I thought you'd have to do. Would that be very difficult at all?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
AVI works for sure, if you use the same settings as in Photo App. MP4 might be too much for the 3DS cpu to handle, although the new 3ds has a h264 decoder(?) but I think that isn't supported yet by most homebrews (?)

YouTube app plays videos on o3DS, so it's able to handle MP4 to some level at least.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night