Someone please tell me what's going on.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by clickclick, Nov 18, 2008.

Nov 18, 2008
  1. clickclick
    OP

Newcomer clickclick Member

United States
    I have not paid attention to the Wii's homebrew scene at all! This whole time it's just been me and my DS lite, while keeping my Wii mod free.

All I want to know: Using the homebrew channel now makes it now possible to play Wii backups without opening up your Wii and soldering a chip onto it?

And if that is possible can someone tell me what other steps are required other than installing the homebrew channel and burning games onto DVDs?

2. Forte Dante

Newcomer Forte Dante Member

Australia
    You really should search around, all the answers are here. But to get to the point, you also should get the Backup Launcher Gamma and need to install cIOS revision 7.

3. clickclick
    OP

United States
    Thanks, I went back so many pages but I really can't find anything. All the topics seem to concern troubleshooting and compatibility issues, I don't see a how-to guide. Maybe I just can't recognize it because I am not familiar with the name of the software used.

4. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria

it is good to read around for a little bet just to get familiar with some terms about the installation and what cios is ans what not , so you have less problems when you wanna do it .

5. clickclick
    OP

United States
    Yea it doesn't seem to make much sense though. I think I found the thread I was looking for, it's a blog from this website I found on google haha.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115623

Two quick questions though; to prevent bricking my Wii, I should stay away from any games that ask for updates, and stay away from "unofficial" games? Am I reading that right?

Also how should I deal with the current Wii update? Should I update before I install this, or just forget about going online until a update to the backup launcher is released?

Last question, all of this is completely reversible right? If a must-have title gets released, and the disc forces my Wii to update, I can easily erase all of this stuff and play on my Wii with no problem?

6. Forte Dante

Newcomer Forte Dante Member

Australia
    Don't update, it'll get rid of all your delicious hax. And yes, it's all reversible, in fact the update doesn't brick your Wii, it removes all the homebrew-related junk. Besides, if you wait for it, the community will probably find a workaround in no time and you'll be able to do everything you could on a clean latest firmware Wii.

7. breakdaze

Newcomer breakdaze Advanced Member

United States
    Just read the sticky (Sticky: Wii Loaders Issues and Answers : A full list of issues and answers for the backup loaders) at the very top of this forum (Wii - Hacking) and click djtaz signature within. Excellent instructions there.