Hacking Someone please help me.

BearJaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize ahead of time if this has already been posted somewhere.

I've had the Homebrew Channel installed on my Wii for about 3 months now. When the last Wii System Update was announced, I read somewhere that it wouldn't affect the Homebrew Channel if installed. So I went to update my Wii but after roughly 12 seconds of the update process, I cancelled it because I got a bad feeling about it. I did some more research and discovered that there was a Homebrew Update and a Wii Shop update that was compatible with the Homebrew Channel. So I executed both of the new updates.

When I go into the Homebrew Channel, everything seems fine but two of the programs don't work anymore and instead they provide me with a "This is not a valid Wii application" message accompanied by a red symbol that appears to be an "X". Those two programs are two of my favorites, Ocarina (The cheating application) and FCE Ultra GX (not the updated one). I used these two apps the most out of anything on the Homebrew Channel. I redownloaded them and they still didn't work. I downloaded the updated version of FCEU, which works but doesn't satisfy me fully like the FCE Ultra GX. Oh well. I downloaded the Ocarina app as well to no avail. I really need this application.

Can anyone please help me with what I should do?

f00had

Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't the new version of Ocarina called Gecko OS? That's what it says on Wiibrew.org, maybe I'm just misreading things.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
"This is not a valid Wii application"
that's because HBCBETA9 only supports sane elfs not old elfs, you need to search on wiibrew for the .dol versions
smile.gif
they're on there, if not use the tool on wiibrew to convert elf to .dol
smile.gif

QUOTEIsn't the new version of Ocarina called Gecko OS? That's what it says on Wiibrew.org, maybe I'm just misreading things.
ocarina is a different application, for cheats, allthough since geckoOS 1.6 Nuke added ocarina built in
tongue.gif

ppajko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to convert the .elf file format of those 2 apps to the new HBC format of .dol, hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol