Someone is rigging the election for years in Quebec

Discussion in 'World News, Current Events & Politics' started by Noctosphere, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Noctosphere
    OP

Noctosphere Adoptive father of my kitty named Zelda

Banned
    GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Back with kitty Zelda forever :D
    So yea, iirc, i'll vote for the sixth time in my life
    And before elections, we get a papermail from government
    That mail indicates who can vote where I live (my mom and I in this case)
    BUT, for the sixth time (AFAIK), there's a third person...
    Thérèse Forester
    We have absolutly no idea who she is
    We reported it to the general director of election, every time
    And she is still here
    it'S obviously a fake vote in favor for a party
    I'm 99.99% sure that there are tons of them over the land
    plus, this Thérèse Forester was there for municipal, provincial AND federal elections...

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    It is a large leap from incorrect name on the database (which I presume is used for all three types) to election rigging on a wide scale. I don't know the specifics of the Quebec voting system to say which methods are likely to be used (postal voting being where I would look first -- far too much hassle to pretend to be someone else in person).

KingVamp and Subtle Demise like this.
  3. Rudy69

Rudy69 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2006
    Canada
    Didn't have anyone extra on mine, that's quite the story you got there. You're making big claims, maybe you should do some more investigating first

Subtle Demise likes this.
  4. Noctosphere
    OP

Noctosphere Adoptive father of my kitty named Zelda

Banned
    GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Back with kitty Zelda forever :D
    well, my aunt/godmother, one of my cousin and an old friend also had extra people

5. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    So if I understand this correctly: you're going to vote for the sixth time, and ever since you started voting (perhaps earlier), the letter claims a certain person also is legible to vote there. Basically: the mail letter says "for this address, John Doe, Jane Doe and Thérèse Forester are allowed to vote" (with your names instead of John and Jane Doe, obviously). Correct?

Well...I obviously don't live in Canada (so things might be different), but in Belgium this would mean that Thérèse Forester has her home address listed as your specific location. You obviously can't just pick a random spot to call home (because that's what it amounts to), so at the very least, a notary should be able to verify if she is really a resident there or not (this might seem obvious, but if you live at e.g. an apartment like me, it's possible that the owner of the garage that comes with the property has its own owner).

In an isolated case, I would find the conclusion of rigged elections rather far-fetched (if you want to add a random name to a voted list, it'd be less suspicious to just NOT send that name to a certain address). But if it also happens at other locations, then it's strange to say the least.

Nobody was ever able to say anything about this Thérèse Forester? :unsure:

6. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    its a know fact Canada has one of the best governments and democracy on the planet.

big claim you got there @Noctosphere

7. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    Contact local news and tell them after 6 years the name hasn't been scrubbed.

If there really is something to it, journalists will be interested.

If you can actually back up that other people are experiencing the same phenomenon you should easily be able to get someone to look into this - it would be a big scoop!

dAVID_ and Flame like this.
  8. Lglaplante

Lglaplante Pkmn Rom Hacker

Feb 12, 2017
    Canada
    Quebec
    I live in Quebec and it seems to be just an error (repeated 6 times), just like when you are still getting letters that are sent to the previous owner of the house (personally I still get some)

9. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    Alright alex jones.