Someone improve my story...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by _ORiON_, Sep 29, 2006.

Sep 29, 2006

Someone improve my story... by _ORiON_ at 4:58 AM (711 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. _ORiON_
    OP

Member _ORiON_ GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    One day I went out to play fetch with my dog the first time. After letting him smell the wooden stick, I threw it and to my surprise the dog obliged to fetch it. I knelt down as I saw my dog return with the stick on his mouth. It was then that the dog curved sideways and began chewing up the stick.

------

tell me anything to improve it.

grammar, spelling, diction, form of the climax, etc. (it's supposed to be a joke, and i'm like the most dull storyteller in the world [​IMG] )

thanks

2. GHB

Newcomer GHB Member

New Zealand
    I don't get the "climax" at all?

3. _ORiON_
    OP

Member _ORiON_ GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    what i mean by climax, is that there's an excitement that continually builds up as they read the text, and will expect that the end will be a very funny sentence (or something like that)

4. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Ya need something to come out of left field at the end, unexpectly. Say maybe the dog turns sideways and falls off a cliff, or gets stepped on by a giant penguin.

You know.. like that.. only funny. [​IMG]

Alternately you could go deep instead of funny.
    It was then that the dog curved sideways and began chewing up the stick. I reached down and picked up another stick and began to chew on it. It was delicious!

Yo know.. like that.. only deep. [​IMG]